headache 3 months and counting ....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Uh I'm so fed up !!

For 3 months maybe more I have had headaches this month is worse than them all only had a 30 hour break from headaches !

I have had headaces from a young age where I would either be sick go Dizzy lay in a dark room while crying and spinning feeling now they are constant not always them symtoms though I go cold shivering and feel Dizzy sometimes have the pressure asif im been held upside down and lose balance a lot I feel tiered and sometimes 2 a terylene eyes .

eye floaters lack of concentration not finding the right words feel I'm falling most the time I have mentioned it to doctors who normally say ok and nothing else my new doctor said sinus infection as I had green nasal discharge last time I went but I have finished my antibiotics now the green has cleared but the headaches remain sometimes the headache goes into my eye I do have I think it's called a stigma where one eye doesn't see so well and shaped diffrent .

I have anxoety too I have phantom smells and even started getting nighttime headaches so they are therr all through the night paracetamol isn't working the same anymore or as fast I feel drained I have two small children my partner 2 works time im finding it difficult to clean cook ect I feel useless can anybody help ? My doctors ain't the type to turn and say let's sort this problem as I'm at a new doctors now and he is the same just blaming sinus or saying ok and letting me leave with no answers

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also forgot to mention I get weird noises in my ears like air is coming out of them I get ringing to but if I yawn it kinda cracks and sounds gush of pressure is coming out
  • Posted

Possibly migraines. These could be hormone related, as the oestrogen/ progesterone levels change during your cycle. If they are migraines you can get a tablet from GP that stops them in 30-45 minutes if you take a tablet as soon as the symptoms start.

could be food triggers--eliminate all the usual suspects, coffee, alcohol, chocolate, cheese and see how that works. I've got odd things that trigger---pineapple, ginger, chilli, any curry spices as well as all the above. 

Start with these then if none work move on to ask for CT scan, have your teeth and neck checked etc...

it seems with chronic headaches we have to do 99% of the leg work finding out the cause , then get a dr to treat it.

good luck.

• Posted

P.s. Lack of concentration---also ask GP to rest your thyroid, especially if you have tiredness, dry skin/nails, thinning hair/hair loss.
    • Posted

I actually do have them symtoms my hairdresser said my hair comes out when she is doing it but u have had hormonal /thyroid blood work that comes back normal lol it could be food as I do eat a lot of chocolate I will stop eating it see if it helps out I don't drink caffeine drinks as I'm sensitive but I have noticed after certain thing like sage I will get a headache xx
  • Posted

The foods can be obscure, things you'd never really think of. A tiny piece of dried pineapple put me in bed for 2 days. A piece of ginger put me in hospital, the pain was so bad I thought I might be having a haemorrhage! And I'm not one to panic. 

It's boring cutting out the foods and possibly saying goodbye to something you love but its worth the effort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.