Headache and ear ringing, peri or anxiety??

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi ladies, it's been almost a year since peri hit me out of blue... I don't know what it feels like to be normal anymore, symptoms keep changing, some worse than others. But my worst complaints are daily headaches and ear ringing, it never takes a break. I don't know if this is peri or anxiety causing headaches and ear ringing. I am so sick of it, it's constant buzzing in my right ear along with neck pain. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? have you tried anything that helped, any HRT or BHRT that helped?? I feel like I am going crazy. TIA.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello ampat

I never got the ear ringing but did get pressure headaches and terrible anxiety. I've been on bhrt for a year and it's made a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, it's not magic and I still have to complement it with more holistic treatments, but it's much more manageable than it was. I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible. Have you been to see your doctor? Xx

• Edited

I have constant tension from the shoulders up. My ears ring, my head aches, and I have a multitude of vision issues. My headaches and menstrual migraines ALWAYS come with neck pain, Oh, and I know have anxiety and panic attacks. So, you are not alone!

• Edited

thanks Staci, have you tried anything for your symptoms? My symptoms seem to be changing every few days but tension headaches and ear ringing never take a break. My doctor prescribed SSRI and muscle relaxant. I am hesitant to try SSRI because of side effects, muscle relaxant I've tried but hasn't helped much.

• Posted

Ampat1,

I have the same! I also have high anxiety now and balance issues and dizziness and much more. Can't take HRT as I am a breast cancer survivor. I tried maca and it made the anxiety and headaches worse. Riding the storm out with nothing. I did start yoga, however, 4 weeks ago and this helps calm me down. I go 3-4 times a week. This forum has been a God send! Hugs to you and everyone else struggling with menopause.

• Edited

Yes I've had eat ringing for almost 2 years and it started with a weird feeling in my throat then ear ringing set in. I also at the same time got acid reflux too which I think the acid came up to my eustation tubes which caused ear ringing and I'm sure its all peri as I never had acid issues or ear ringing throat issues ever plus period went heavy then missing it for 3 months such a gong show.. I'm 47 and I thought to young buy no... I'm sorry your going through this too.. well at least I think its peri.. nice to know someone else has ear ringing like me.. oh k also have gas really bad too.. hugs to you.. oh how long have u had eat ringing etc?

• Edited

wow, never thought acid reflux can cause ear ringing but then peri can cause anything. I am so tired of all this madness, I can tolerate painful periods but headaches and ear ringing is too much to deal with. I have been thinking to try hormone replacement but my doctor doesn't agree since I am 39 and periods are regular.

• Posted

Hi ampat,

Yes to all of what your going through. I started BHRT in December and its now working. Thank god! I still have bad days here and there. The 3rd week of the month seems to be where I struggle the most with Peri Symptoms and flushes seem to come and go daily but I'll take that over what I've been through. Good luck and I hope you find some relief soon.

• Posted

thank you for sharing your experience with BHRT, I have been thinking to try hormone replacement therapy but I am 39 and periods are regular so my doctor doesn't want to prescribe HRT. has it helped your headaches and ear ringing?

• Posted

I have had left sided neck pain for nearly 2 years now, it is pretty much there all the time. Along with this I've had dizziness, left sided eye pain and my vision has been weird. I have had a barrage of tests and they have found nothing, so even my GP has now admitted that it is likely hormones causing it all (he was adamant that it wouldn't be the cause in the beginning) but he has run out of all options. I haven't tried HRT/BHRT yet but would be interested to hear from those who have too. I am on a migraine drug as it has been diagnosed as chronic migraine (never had them before in my life and I'm now 43). It does seem to help and also helps me sleep. I have tried botox injections (made me worse), chiro, physio, osteopath, acupuncture and nothing has helped the neck pain. These hormones can cause some havoc...

• Edited

I have the ear ringing, neck pain, tender behind ear and frequent headache x

• Posted

have you tried anything that helped? how long has this been going on? Mine started a year ago, all started with anxiety and palpitations out of blue, I have not been the same since then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.