Headache and jaw cracking

Posted , 12 users are following.

Morning has anyone woke up to a headache and your jaw cracking. also weird feelings in my eyes again,

i went to see a rude doctor this week regarding pains in my neck, and behind my ears, he told me i did not have pmr.

he said my pains were to do with RA, and this morning i have received a letter for me to see someone at the Musculoskeletal clinic so we will see what they say.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

MORNING MARGARET

DID YOUR DOCTOR GIVE HIS OPINION AFTER YOU DID RECENT BLOOD TESTS, or WAS IT JUST A PREDICTION ON HIS PART, THAT YOU DONT HAVE PMR ?

FEEL WELL

• Posted

There are no blood tests that can rule out PMR. Normal results of all the appropriate tests are also found in patients with imaging-proven inflammation that is typical of PMR.

• Posted

Margaret, am I remembering correctly that you responded well to pred and your symptoms come back when you have to reduce too soon and too quickly? Sorry, I'd look back at your previous posts but the last few months this site has been unbearably slow....

I suppose he could be right about the RA, some of the symptoms do seem to overlap and could be interpreted as PMR initially. Have you shown any joint damage because one thing PMR doesn't do is cause joint damage.

• Posted

You often don't see joint damage in LORA (late onset RA) until very late on. I still think it is LORA in disguise that responds well to the addition of methotrexate for example. And there is no reason you couldn't have both ...

• Posted

Hi Margaret - I had severe headaches, jaw claudication (pain when opening and shutting jaw, and cracking) and eye problems - bright flashes, going in and out of vision in right eye. My blood test showed a high CRP level which suggested an inflammation. A biopsy on the right temporal artery (a minor one) completed the diagnosis of giant cell arteritis (GCA). Has your doctor considered this? Then again, my GP admitted he was not skilled in making a diagnosis, so I was sent to a diagnostic unit of our hospital and was seen by a rheumatologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.