Headache and pain on top of eyes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I went through  similar think just before Christmas, I had a headache and painful eyes for 7 weeks.

Well its back.

Ive been to the eye hospital and had a CT scan and everyting was ok.

Does anyone have any idea on what it going on?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

seems like a neurological issue. How is your vision ? 
    • Posted

Hi

Why do you say that?

My vision is ok apart from being very short sighted -9.

It does go after taking paracetomol.

The CT scan said it couldnt find any reason for the headaches.  

Would a CT show anything?

xx

• Posted

I said that cause headache with eye pain would indicated the optical/ retinal nerve issue. 

Taking paracetamol makes it go away, so it maybe this. 

You may want to get it chcked with an opthalmologist after he dilates your eyes and checks the back of your eye. 

CT did not show anything for headaches, unless there is vascular or tumor issues going on in the head, which is not cause your CT was fine. 

• Posted

Hello Rocky

I have been to the hospital when it was happening over Christmas and have had my eye dilated and the opthamologist complemented me on the good health of my optic nerve cup considering how short sighted i am.  

I have also has the mri scan of the back of my eyes and this was fine too as well as my field vision test.

Any ideas?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.