Headache at the right side for 5 days now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I've been experiencing mild headache in the right side of my head, sometimes the pain goes to my neck and forehead. It does not go away. Everytime I sleep at night I am hoping that when I wake up in the morning, the pain will go away. But it will never go. I am afraid this might be serious. I can't go to a doctor and have the CT Scan test because of financial aspect. I am from Philippines anyway and I am 26 years old.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I know how awful this feels. I've had a migraine/ tension headache for three weeks everyday now. I am starting to think it's now happening because I was taking over the doubters to try to get rid of it. These may be rebound ones. I initially had some anxiety and it prompted the first headache and because i worry about everything, I think it's been hanging on. I went to the neuro who thinks it's mostly anxiety, go figure. I am getting an MRI done bc I have some tingling too. But from everyone else's posts, they is from anxiety. I guess I'm saying I think it's pretty normal to experience daily headaches from some sort of trigger. It sucks and I can't focus on much else. I wake up with them too. I hope we can find some relief. You are not alone!

• Posted

Thanks Katie. This really sucks. I am overthinking too because of my health condition and other members of the family too. Most of us have illnesses and this is why I always overthink and stressed. I hope it is the only reason why I get this headache everytime.
  • Posted

It's hard to say what causes your headache.  I used to have really bad headaches almost daily for a number of years.  Sometimes they were migraines that came about because of tension headaches.  Sometimes tension headaches can be about as painful as a migraine.  Having a headache on only one side is a symptom of both a migraine and a tension headache.  Women often have migraines until they go through menopause.  I have used naproxen with some success if I took it as soon as I felt the migraine coming on.  It also helps to take caffeine with it.  My doctor was understanding and prescribed Vicodin.  I only took it when the headache was really, really bad.  This may sound odd, but sometimes when I felt it was a tension headache even though it was only on one side, I would lie on my side on the floor with my head pushed up against the sofa or wall at an angle to stretch the neck and shoulder of the side that was hurting.   I did it gently at first and then as the muscles relaxed I would move my shoulder closer to the wall or whatever and would increase the pressure.  Usually it worked.  Also, stay hydrated.

• Posted

Thanks Karen. I will try lying my head too on the floor and see if it will work for me. I am always hydrated, i always drink 2-3 liters of water a day because of my kidney stone too.
  • Posted

I think I  needed to draw a picture of how I stretched my neck.  You do not put your head on the floor.  You are on the floor and your head is at an angle to your body. Your ear should be against a wall or any surface that is perpendicular to where you are lying down.  The idea is to gently, gradually stretch your neck on the side that is hurting.  You could do this while sitting up--if the right side of your head is hurting, place your left hand over the top of your head to the right side and gently pull your head to the left.  The reason I do it on the floor is because your left arm can really get tired (and tense) before the right side is stretched enough and you can relax.  

Another cause of headaches on one side or the other can be from even slight misalignments in your teeth and bite.

I have heard that more and more people are getting headaches because of spending so much time looking down at their phones.

Looking at a computer for hours a day without blue filters is also starting to cause headaches because of stress on the eyes.  I don't know very much about this.

• Posted

Thanks Karen. You are very helpful. I would love to try that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.