Headache Back of Head (left side)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had this really annoying ache at the back of my head on the left, which seems to be triggered by using computers or anything like mobile phone screens, etc. I am using computers for massively long hours (setting up a web design business). I have noticed it get worse, as it only takes about 40 minutes of being on the computer and it starts. I seem to be fine when not on computers. 

I am 19 years of age. 

I'm no medical professional but the only thing I think of, is it could be something to do with eyesight? From memory, I used to make a yearly trip to the opticians who always told me I was on the borderline for needing glasses part-time? Then I think it was the last time I went when I was 14, and they did prescribe me with glasses that year for part-time use. Being a typical 14-year-old, a never wore them. Would you think that's a possible cause? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See a optometrist for eye exam. Computer & the light is very hard on the eyes. If you had glasses earlier in life & then a few years later it's time for another eye exam . It would be a good start to see if the headaches stop!  

• Posted

I also meant to add that I have glasses that have a special lenses that also help,with the light glare from the computer . Ask you dr about these lenses especially made for glaring light from computers.
  • Posted

Yes, definitely get your eyes tested again and tell the optician you are using a computer a lot. An ache in the back of the head usually means your eyes are struggling with focusing accurately.   Dont work in a darkened room and give yourself lots of breaks to look away from the computer. Get up and do something else at least every hour, if only for a few minutes.

Dont work nonstop on a screen or you could also end up with painful dry eyes. We forget to blink when working on a screen. 

• Posted

Thanks that makes complete sense. I'm no expert but that does seem to be the issue, the eyes focusing. I believe when I was doing my driving lessons, my driving instructor said about my eyes focusing not to long ago, I did pass my driving test but did slightly struggle to do the number plate which was probably a sign. I will defiantly get myself to the eye test, especially before I get my car insurance!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.