Headache but different

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good morning ladies,

The last couple months I have had a new type of headache going on and wondering if anyone can relate. After a lot of researching I believe they are called Ice pick headaches where you feel totally fine then from out of no where you get a jolt feeling in your head with a squeezing sensation. To me to me it seems to come around the time of my monthly but can stay for a few days after my period. The pain only last seconds and seems to be in the temple and forehead area. I am going to see my doctor in a couple weeks to bring this up, and today I am going for a massage for the first time as I have very tight neck and shoulders due to poor posture. I do also have muscle spasms in my face, more like twitches, which I have had for many many years, and take magnesium daily.Not sure if one has to do with the other. I also have TMJ but have had that for many years.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ive heard of that but I thought they were called Thunderclap headaches. I was reading up on them just last night. I haven't had one but I do get migraines around the time of my periods. Do you also get nausea with it?

• Posted

No, they happen so fast. They come out of no where, at first I thought it was sinus related, but didnt have any sinus issues.It's like a wave of pain.I don't get them everyday......but if I do get one it can happen on and off all day. Today I went for my first massage and my shoulder muscles were really tight and knotted, she massaged my neck. Tonight I will have a relaxing bath with salts. Hopefully that is all it is.

• Edited

I get sickening headaches when I'm sleeping and as I wake up. not really a headache but a sick feeling in my head. usually around my monthly. I have had what your having but it was in my temple and down to my ear and jaw. thank Goodness that symptom hasn't come back and yes I believe that its all part of the show called perimenopause.

• Posted

hi

have you doc check your blood pressure. I have heard people with elevated blood pressure talk about ice pick headaches.

• Posted

I check my blood pressure daily, and its normal to low.

• Edited

I have had those here and there over the years but now get a nagging, what feels like, a sinus headache during my period and ovulation. Want this over already

• Edited

I am opposite, for years I had sinus pain during ovulation and period, but now I get this jabbing head shock things. I agree with you, I feel like we are being punched all over the place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.