Headache,dizziness,brain fog,feeling detached

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone!

I am here because i desperately need an advice or opinion about my current condition.

I will try to explain this as best as i can because my symptoms are weird and complex and some of them are not really recent and i will point out that i experienced similar things 5 years ago(when it all started somehow).

I am male and 16 years old and it all started 5 years ago when i was straining myself in order for my face to be red (stupid reckless child game),i think i even lost consciousness and suddenly when i woke up from that state others were staring at me and i remember one guy said:what happened to him?! I was confused and scared,in that moment i could barely move my arm or my leg,it was like my motor functions were decreased drastically.

It took me about five minutes to recover and i was in some ultra-detached state with derealization before i recovered and everything came back to normal.

I never talked to anyone about that,it happened and passed so i basically forgot that.

A year later when i was diving in the pool similar thing happened,only this time i could walk and do everything normally but i felt weird feeling in my head along with derealization.Since i was younger and it lasted longer i was frightened so i told my parents about it and i went into the hospital.They did a lot of tests,starting from basic blood test to EEG and MRI scan.Everything was perfectly fine.This feeling was present 2-3 days and it was gone.

It is interesting that i had absolutely no symptoms or troubles with any of these things 3 years after my time in hospital.

At the end of last year i started to experience some unusual symptoms,i was doing wrestling with my friend and when i got really really tired similar thing happened to me like the first time,i didn't lose consciousness but i felt extremely dizzy so i had to lay down for 5-10 minutes in order to recover.Along with that my vision was getting worse and i had some sort of weird chronic fatigue.I didn't say anything to anyone and i ignored all of these things but it gave me mild stress and fear which i was holding inside.A couple of months ago(it was February) i fell into mild depression because of these things and that feeling inside my head returned along with brain fog and derealization.Again i told everyone about this and i did some basic tests like blood test(it was more than perfect(iron in my blood was on maximum),i checked thyroid gland(no problems),i did ultrasound of liver and internal organs(no problems),in the end i went to the doctor who was famous for his good diagnoses and he said to me:you are a healthy boy and your symptoms appear due to puberty and flaring of the nervous system along with some bad habits in life(being on my phone too much,staying awake too late etc..).He said it will pass just be patient and he gave me B complex vitamins.Some time after that i felt better and i could do activities normally without problems.But two months ago i experienced similar symptoms and now they are still here,at first they were not so strong that i couldn't lead normal activities but now they are causing a lot of problems to me,i will mention all of them now:headaches(headaches were always present in history but now they are a little bit more frequent),brain fog and derealization(every time slightly different but more-less the same),strange feeling in head and painless pressure,ear ringing sometimes(i went to a doctor for this and everything is fine besides i don't know if that can be related and maybe this is normal),very unpleasant form of dizziness when i'm moving my head faster(like some strong sensation in my head),when i go to the cinema or a night club my head pressure appears and my eyes become red(not always).All of these symptoms mixed together are affecting my ability to live a normal life drastically and i'm worried about what it could be.A week ago i went to a neurologist and said all of these things,she said to me that it could be do to various things and some other stuff like puberty and bad habits.Now i'm waiting for EEG and Color Doppler and everyone keep saying me that it's probably nothing serious but the symptoms are weird and wide and i feel like it all originates in my head.I can't not be worried about this.I also have to mention that i am wearing glasses right now and i didn't before(but it is probably genetic astigmatism and it don't have to be related).

If you know anything about this or what could it be,i would like to hear an advice or opinion,please know that it's not easy for me and that it's hard for me not to worry.

Thanks for reading!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.