Headache every time I eat

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about a year now I get a headache every time I eat or drink anything.  It happens right after and after about 2 hours starts to fade away.  I did an elimination diet and didn't find antyhing.  Has anyone else delt with this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get this, and dont have a clue what it is. Ive been to doctors and had scans, nothing found. It usually only happens with carbs and coffee. I dont smoke, but smoke can bring it on.

​Ive got it now, had dinner an hour ago. Lots of water can help releave it.

​I am talking with a doctor at the moment to see if he can help.

• Posted

James, 

Do you think you have a gluten sensitivity?  Coffee trigers my headaches too, which is weird becasue I've heard it helps a lot of people.  It's frustrating that doctors can't figure it out.

For me it seems like all food triggers it, my dentist said they think I have Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD or TMJ).  Which might explain why all food bothers me.. because I'm moving my jaw more.  But the dentist charges $2000 for treatment and a mouth splint.  Way too expensive, so I'm going to try home remidies.  

You could always research TMJ if you don't have luck at the doctor.

I'm still not completly convinced its TMJ but I haven't really had any other solutions except talking a bunch of medication that makes me feel like crap.

Let me know how it goes!

• Posted

Many years ago, an old friend of mine had blocked salivary ducts, she had similar problems. Perhaps it could be related to sinus problems, ear nose and throat all being connected, as they are...?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.