Headache for 3 months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I am a 47 year old female, I have had a headache on and off for the past 10-12 weeks, could be more now as every day rolls into the next! Most of the time the headache is there but even when it's not if I cough (which I do a lot due to asthma, allergies and reflux) the pain really pounds, I have been in touch with my GP a few times now, first off he sent me for an MRI which came back satisfactory, he sent me a message telling me this and advised me to keep an eye on my Blood Pressure, I already take Blood Pressure medication so checked it for a few days, it was slightly higher a couple of days but nothing really alarming. Was then given Amitryptaline 1 x 10mg per night increasing to 4 x 10mg per night, I'm actually only up to 2 as it can sometimes make you drowsy during the day and because I am still working full time I didn't want to do that to myself, I'm not really seeing much progress with it anyway. The GP called me today (as no face to face appointments due to covid 19) and seems baffled so has gone to speak to some others and come back to me when he has an answer, in the meanwhile I am to continue with the Amitryptaline and just wait. Any advice would be gratefully received.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.