Headache for 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I've been suffering head pressure and a headache ever since 2 days before new years eve. I've tried ibuprofen, excederin, Tylenol and nothing seems to help. I ended up going to the ER for a CT scan that came back normal and the only finding was a 16mm sphenoid cyst on the right. Dr said he thinks I have tension headaches. But I constantly have head pressure, like someone is sitting on my forehead and I had two episodes of vertigo so I'm not sure if that's normal for tension headaches. The pressure gets so bad that my ears pop, I can hear my heartbeat in my left ear, and then my neck gets stiff and hurts. I'm not sure what else to do. Any thoughts on what this could be or anyone else experiencing this? It's making it hard to concentrate while working and sometimes hard falling asleep.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, horrible to hear. I also have had constant pressure in my head since october with some of days of mild relief here and there. It seemed to have started out as a cold and then i woke up one morning feeling like my head had exploded, the pressure dulled after awhile to a constant dull tightness. I too have had 3 brain scans, blood work and urine/stool samples all have came back normal so im sitting in the same boat with you. At first was diagnised with sinusitis but the symptoms persisted even after the third scan ruled that out. I too have face and neck pressure/pain. Some doctors have said effects of prolonged anxiety while others have said fibro which does cause these symptoms. But i am continueing to explore every angle i can before i entertain the thought of anxiety and fibro. Keep going back to the doctors, haggle them, get them to get to the bottom of it no matter how annoyed they seem to become because someones life and wellbeing isnt a fob off. That cyst sounds perculiar, maybe thats got something to do with it. Idk but i hope you find a relief soon and i will update you if i ever find a link with my own symptoms as they sound familiar.
  • Posted

Seems to me that everyone is mostly on the same forum. I’ve seen the same people talking about the same thing and it’s interesting. Thus, there are a lot of problems that the human body can obtain just from pressure in the head. It’s a common symptom to a lot of other issues so getting your answer on here will be hard tbh.... like the other person said keep going to all these doctors and do your research on your problem, but also do not believe everything on the internet. Just do research and go to the specific doctors that deals with those issues. Your primary, a Neaurologist, ENT, Allergist, Dentist, Eye Doctor, Chiropractor etc...I went to all these cause I to have similar issues.. went to pretty much all the doctors I can think of and came back normal until I seen an allergist. I work with dogs as my job and I did an allergy test and turns out I’m allergic so.. just go to the doctors and do some investigations.. it is your own body you want to stay healthy. 

Good Luck!

• Posted

🖒🖒 i have alot of animals in my house so i think an allergy test is worthwhile smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.