Headache for 8 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I've had a headache now for 8 days.  Not continuous pain but its still there.

Painkillers do help but have not completely eased the pain for me to know the headache has gone

I have tried paracetamol with Codine, paracetamol and aspirin, ibuprofen and just aspirin on its own.  Aspirin seems to be the most effective.  

I'm getting fairly good sleep, 8 hours a night.

To add, I have high blood pressure controlled with medication which I have been on for a number of years.  Taking ibrupofen is something I should only do for a day or so. (not that I find it effective anyway)

I was recently suffering with some anxiety but feel ok about stuff at the moment. (good 3 months ago)

One thing I have noticed is that at the base of my skull at the top of my neck my pressure points feel quite tender (just in line with the Botton of my ears). Is that normal?

I'm sure my headaches are nothing sinister but going on eight days is concerning me.

I have always been someone who would get a few headaches every week which OTC

painkillers would normally sort out.

I'm hoping to get to the doctors in the next day of so.

Just wondered if this is just a standard tension headache and if anyone has suffered anything similar and what they did to resolve it.

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

could be sinus related is it worse when you bend down or put  your head between your knees?
    • Posted

Sinuses feel fine and no worse if I bend down or put my head between my knees.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.