Headache for a month scared it's a tumour

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 37 year old female who has been suffering with a headache for a month now. I went to emergency and they did a few tests like looking in my eyes with a light, making me push his hands with both my feet and a few other things. By doing these few tests he said it was 99% not a tumour. But it's 3 weeks later and I still have the headache. Over the counter medications do work until they are out of my system then it's back. It's not as bad as I here migraines are it's not that painful it's just annoying. Everyone is telling me it's stress or my eyes which I'm getting my eyes tested Wednesday but I think it's something serious. The pain is behind my eyes and the front of my head some times it's my whole head. When I'm laying down is when it pretty much goes away but there is still sometimes a shooting pain. Yes I've been under stress the last while but it doesn't feel like that type headache. Could the doctor be able to tell from those few tests weather it's really a tumour or not? I've never been more scared in my life thinking this is a tumour.  I have no other symptoms just the slight headache. When I wake up its not there sometimes it's not there till afternoon.  In the  month that I've  had it there was at least 7 days in between that it went away and when it came back my panic is back.  Could it actually be chronic tension headaches or something none life threatening?  Is there anyone out there with the same type of headaches or anyone who can reassure me that this isn't a brain tumour or aneurysm please. I can't handle the worrying anymore 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure you are fine I'm no Dr but from what I have read is that the headache cuased by a tumor gets worse in the am and at night.

. and gets a lil better as the day progresses as far as that I think alot of people have different symptoms with it... And the headache would be the worst headache of your life and if u had a tumor why would the headache go away for a lil while then come back so I think it is not a tumor.. but I'm not a Dr.. the best way would go to a Dr and see what they say or maybe an MRI on brain I just had one with and without contrast it's a bit scarey but I didn't have any weird side affect from the MRI or contrast just a bit scared but it was over fast and I just closed my eyes. Good luck by the way I suffered from headaches as well and it freaked me out bout being a tumor but my MRI was all normal..

• Posted

Oh bless you. I have had daily heaadaches for 4 months now, and I am exactly the same as you. Worrying terribly it’s something serious. I have been worrying so much that I’ts actually making my headaches worse! So try not to worry because it doesn’t help anything! I have heard that over the counter drugs won’t relieve a brain tumour headache, and that it can be worse lying down, so try and relax. I know it’s easier said than done, but I’m in the exact same boat at the minute, and I have got to wait another 4 months to see a neurologist!!
  • Posted

Hello I have the same symptoms my left side hurts it’s really not a pain but like a pressure ,it makes me think a have a tumor or something else it’s really scary .I went to see a Dr he thinks is a anxiety and stress I did ask him for MRI or CT scan he sad that I don’t need it at this point I don’t understand why not I will talk to him about that next visit he did have ma Gabapentin and anxiety meds which I don’t want to take ,my mom she said that I am thinking about it to much ,how are you feeling ????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.