Headache for a year that isn't going away

Posted , 4 users are following.

So this is going to be lengthy so beware….

So I am a 16 year old female who has been dealing with a constant headache for over a year now. So how it started was back in November of 2016 I started to get chest pains, and me having extreme anxiety thought I had breast cancer, so I ended up going to the doctor where he says it is just heartburns but just in case I will send you for a chest x-ray. Later a doctor gave me constipation medicine because it was because I was constipated that was giving me the chest pains. SO after that I started to get an increase of gas and my stools weren’t proper but I didn’t realize that. Now going into December a week before my headaches start I have an intense pain that strikes for 5 minutes in my jaw. I was at school and was shocked so I ate some Advil and it went away. Then a week after a day before my headaches started, my jaw again had an increase of pain and my neck and shoulders were killing me. I have always had a bad neck and shoulders after I was in an car accident in 2013, so I just thought it was just neck pain, So I ate Aleve and went to sleep, when I woke up BAMM my amazing headache started that hasn’t went away and it has been a year. When I woke up my head was pounding, there as so much pressure in my head, and in the face of my head, I was dizzy, imbalanced, felt weird sensations in my head. I freaked out and ate painkillers which to my luck didn’t work and never have for this glorious headache. SO that’s when I starts going to my family doctors she thought it was a sinus infection-nope, she thought it was a cold-nope, then she started to do all these tests on my which where an eye test, sinus x-ray, a painkiller that didn’t work, blood work and everything was negative, so then she sent me to an allergy doctor which was in three months. At that point I was in January and the symptoms were still there. In February I end up going to the ER because I couldn’t take it anymore. The ER gave me a migraine shot, guess what it didn’t work. They then sent me to a neurologist which the appointment was in May so I had to wait 3 months. Then something crazy happened, in March one day my ear was itching really badly so I itch it really badly and the headache and all the symptoms went away, for three weeks. I was in shock I didn’t understand what happened. I went to the allegory doctor and he said oh it must have been viral because none of the symptoms are adding up to an allergy. After, the tree week the headache came back and it had the same symptoms, at that point I just waited out for the neurologist appointment. When we as the neurologist, he was like oh its tension headaches and told me some things to do that didn’t help. He also sent me for a MRI which was in 4 months. So I waited and my symptoms then changed again to a dull pain in my head that I can’t locate it it’s there the pain is now a 5 out of 10 which is manageable but irradiating. So I/ waited for my MRI which was in July and the MRI was clear. Then something else happened the headaches then went away for two week AGAIN! I did nothing, at that time I went to LA to see family. However I was severely constipated which then made me realize oh it might be a stomach issue I am having. I thought this because my digestive system still was out of whack. SO after the headache came back I went to work and investigated on my stomach. I went on diets gluten, low carb, ate vitamins, medication, and nothing has worked. Long story short the headaches are still there I don’t know what to do. My family doctor has given up on me. The headache has been getting worse. What do you guys think I should do? The headaches come don’t leave and then go by themselves for a short time. My parents think I am crazy but I am serious it’s never leaves. Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You’re not crazy. If it makes you feel better at least yours has gone away several times. I too have had a constant headache 24/7 for over 2 years now. Nobody can figure out. You’re not alone. 
    • Posted

Yes, it has but it ALWAYS ends up coming back and the duration its gone is to short . I feel you, living in pain 24/7 destroys your life and your happiness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.