Headache for days now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm 23 year old female and recently out of no where I began feeling this pressure on the side of my head both sides right above my ears. Then on Saturday the pain was so strong I even cried and threw up. I'm drinking Advil but the medicine isn't even relieving my pain. I've never experienced this and I'm getting very worried since the medicine is not helping me. Does anyone have a clue what it can be? I've never really suffered from headaches sad

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

All I can say Erika is  get yourself to a doctor and ask for a brain scan. Don't  wait with pain to any part of your skull. Had I known that 20 years ago, I would have saved myself  from a subarrachnoid haemorhage which  has had  enormous  changes, not pleasant on your life. If  you can't get that go directly to an emergency department of a main hospital.
    • Posted

Yes I made an appointment with my doctor for Wednesday because having a headache this long is freaking me out. Thank you or ur advice I hope they take it serious and do a brain scan
    • Posted

No go to the emergancy..something like that can not wait 
  • Posted

I have that pressure too Erika.  I also changed my glasses and that was making it worse

I have just had a WHOLE SPINE MRI.  It told me a lot but it detailed wear and tear on my spine. I'm a good deal older than you and it might not be appropriate for someone of your age but it might be worth mentioning it to your doctor.

I've already had a sinus scan and I was thinking of asking about a head scan. But this whole spine MRI seems to have told me a lot about my own problem.

• Posted

I know this is not going to sit right with alot of people, but I could not take the pressure & pain. I had taken 4 liquid caps (aleve), & still a lot of pain. I fouND an old prescription for Lamotrigine 25mg. I took 1 pill & then 1 pill for next 3 days. Controlling the pain, the headaches came back 1 time weekly for 4 weeks. I ran out of those pills & my doctor moved away. So I tried my son's prescription of Carbamazepine 200 mg. Wow. It was like a miracle reseting my brain. It's been 3 weeks since last headache.
    • Posted

My brain is starting to " cycle " again. That medication was given to my son to control his impulsiveness.
  • Posted

Hiya, sinus problems causes pressure feelings around the side of your head. Your eye lids sometimes hurt to touch. Antibiotics can help this. However I suffer from muscle issues in my neck and back of head, which causes pressure feelings around the side of head. Don't panic too much, if it was something more serious, you would have some major indications that something major is wrong, fits, black outs etc. proberly muscular. I had CT scan for sinus issues, which showed clear. Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Yes I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. I try to think that as well. If it was something bad I think I would be worst instead of getting better. But I'll still see a doctor on Monday. I'm praying all is good
  • Posted

Hi Erika. I'm 50 and the symptoms you describe are among one of my epsiodes which i've had for many years. I'm sure they can't be dangerous but go to your doctor and insist on a thorough investigation which i have never had as i suspect none of the doctors i've seen (probably 30 plus) have'nt taken me seriously. Please persist and don't beleive them when say its only migraine have some pills. You should'nt have to suffer such terrible pain. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you. I know I made my appointment already to make sure everything is okay because it kinda freaked me out. But Im feeling little better little pressure here and there but not any strong headaches thank god
  • Posted

Erika, after all your pills and trials, I'd still like to know whether you got that CT scan? I think a brain scan must be  the top of your list. And  ask for it before you tell your doctor about taking all the medication because she/he has to take the pain which you are trying to cure, seriously!frown 
    • Posted

No I haven't gone yet my appointment got cancelled until Monday so I will let them know. Only thing I hate is that I have noticed that due to my young age a lot of doctors don't take any pain or health issue as serious.
    • Posted

Dear Erika, Brain accidents can happen from birth. I recently met a young woman aged 26 who had a burst aneurysm at the age of 22. Always make sure you have a doctor take you seriously. As females, try a female doctor older than yourself if possible.

Patsy

• Posted

Yes my headaches have stopped doctor told me if I kept getting them to go back but thankfully I have not had any since
    • Posted

I know that's what scared me a girl from high school passed away a few years ago if a brain aneurysm so now I get freaked out with every headache

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.