Headache for over 2 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi eveyone

i am a female and i am 25 years old: i have started getting a headache for over 2 weeks now. i started getting a right side throbbing pain coming to my right eye.

however now i am getting it in the middle like a headband burning me or like something heavy is on my head at the crown. this happens to me everyday, the only time i am okay is when i am asleep.

i have been doctors and a&e for this. doctor thinks its nothing serious and said to avoid a CT SCAN as i am trying for a baby. I FEEL LIKE IVE GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM. i am googling symptoms all day 😦

i have tried soooo many painkillers like codine and a few others but nothing is helping.

ANYONE EXPERICNE THE SAME!??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, I experience excruciating headaches everyday, and just like you, I only get relief when Im sleeping. I hit my head a few times, so I think it might be a concussion but Ive been to the doc and a&e and have had a ct scan. they assume its a migraine. if your not pregnant, and nothing helps and you fear, I would consider a scan. its not going to affect your fertility. sometimes we need to put our health first

• Posted

Hi Newbie,

The main thing is that the headaches you mention are NEW to you. You have not had them previously.

Have you eaten or drunk something different in the last couple of weeks?

When in the day do you have the headaches?

Do they wake you up?

Do they make it hard to go to sleep?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the least amount of pain, how do you rate the headaches?

How often do you take pain killers for the headaches?

Which pain killers do you take? How big a dose do you take?

Do you have any other illness?

• Posted

Hello,

I have been a victim of some really terrible headaches myself. And to be frank, it has not been easy. I did find some remedies that help and are safe. Have you heard of feverfew?

• Posted

Are you well hydrated?

Are you eating or drinking something new?

Have you considered a MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.