Headache for over a month PLEASE HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone for about a month now i have had this headache daily; i feel it at different intensities through the day. it starts to develop in the late morning for the most part. i feel like its worse when i walk or am active slightly....i feel a dull achy pain on my forehead, behind my eyes sometimes in the back of my head and my neck hurts on my right side. i already got my eyes checked thinking it was my vision, the glasses helped a little but im still feeling this. any thoughts on what it could be ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz -

I feel your pain, I'm also going on a month of having a headache. Mine is more of dull ache too, not really painful - just pressure and annoying. I am prone to headaches but this is different - also it's never lasted this long. You mentioned you have neck pain on the right side - do you think you have a disc out of line or something? I've been going to the Chiropractor for adjustments and there's some tension points on your neck and back of skull that cause referred pain to other places in your head - not sure if that's what's going on with you.

I've been researching this way more than I should be lately, and some things that may resonate with you (unfortunately not in my case..) are: sinus issues, dental problems, vitamin deficiency. I went to the dentist recently and she did say I'm grinding my teeth, which I had no idea I did - I don't think this is my issue but I'm getting a mouth guard just in case. I don't have sinus pain/symptoms and my vitamin levels came back all within the normal range. I read that Vitamin B-12 deficiency could be the culprit, and also taking magnesium supplements can help with headaches as well.

I did go to my GP last week and she did not seem concerned in the least bit - I kept saying "but it's been a MONTH" and still, she didn't bat an eye. I did get an MRI done in December 2018 (brain) and August 2019 (thoracic and cervical spine) all good. She thought it was tension and anxiety. She also told me to take an anti-inflammatory in the am and pm but I haven't done that yet... I don't know why, maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I know how frustrating this is. It's also like a horrible loop - we keep thinking and worrying about the headaches, which makes it front and center and at this rate, mine will never go away! Do you have any other symptoms such as 'shaky brain', hard to focus, sleep issues, etc?

• Posted

hi, I too had a constant headache for over 6 weeks, begging and begging my doctor to do something. useless. in the end they put me on amitriptyline which has sorted me out, also had hypertension. although it is a drug for depression it also blocks pain receptors.

• Posted

Thanks Melanie - do you feel completely better now, then? Are you still on the amitriptyline? I don't have hypertension, but just looked up the symptoms and if I didn't just have my BP taken, I'd think that is what I had too as some of the symptoms match what I'm feeling. My doctor put me on Lexapro, but I'm only on day 4 or so of that - not sure if it's doing anything just yet. I was so hesitant to take anything like that, but I'm also really sick of feeling this way!

Thanks so much for your reply!

• Posted

mine are on n off for over a year but mild. along with sharp random pains. doc is not concerned, going to chiropractor today

• Posted

Tamiel - when you say on and off, do you go full days without having a headache at all?

• Posted

hey liz, by on n off i mean they are mostly gone for months. but have been every day for about 3 weeks now. last time was like 7 weeks

• Posted

Hi Liz, I've been going through similar symptoms for 6 months now, the left side of my neck, daily dull headache with random sharp pains, stiff neck and nausea. my eyes are sensitive to light at different times of the day. I was referred to a neurologist and theyve diagnosed me with 4 different types of headaches so I'm trying my 9th medication this month and if that still doesnt helps theyve mentioned botox! ask your doc if you can be referred to a headache clinic with a neurologist? they are the experts x

• Posted

yes my headaches have practically gone since I started taking it. don't like taking tablets but the alternative was much worse. I am from wales in the UK and I read others people's comments where they have had scans but you don't have a choice to do this here. its tablets or nothing. shameful really when you think of it. good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.