Headache for over a week.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I have been having the same type of headache for the past 5 years. When I have it, it lasts for over a week every single time and is always in the exact same spot; a small spot on the left side of my head, near the front. It always feels exactly the same; a dull pulsing ache which is on and off each day of the week that I have it. 

I don't think it's stress as I'm not stressed, it doesn't tie in with my periods, it can't be due to noise as I can sometimes just wake up with it and also it has no routine to it, meaning it just comes whenever, like sometimes it can be months and months until I have another one and other times it can be days.

I am a 20 year old female and I have just been diagnosed with two types of nocturnal epilepsy this year. Please help me, I haven't been to the doctors as I didn't know if I should.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can always go to your Dr, if you're worried about your health. It's most likely something like sinus problems, they can linger, or stop being a problem for longer periods. I began having similar headaches, I couldn't understand why I'd suddenly started, when I hadn't been prone before. I finally worked out that I'd developed a new allergy... To my cats! My Dr prescribed a steroidal sinus spray, it helped a lot. Make sure that you're not dehydrated, without overdoing it, as too much isn't good for you either.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, it could be a sinus problem. I hope I'm not allergic to my four cats haha! and I'm trying to drink more water now. Thanks smile
    • Posted

It just dawned on me, I didn't say, that I do still have my cats. Parting with them was NOT an option. 🐾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.