Headache for twelve days, with other symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about 12 days ago, I? got a headache on my right side that was close too my temples and the top of my forehead but every once in a while I’d feel a throb on the left side as well, as if someone was sliding it across my forehead.  and I? do have a family history of migraines and I’ve had them here and there so I? wasn’t too concerned. I? ended up Laying in the dark for a few hours and it hadn’t got better so I? got up too shower and then ready for bed. During that time, the Pain subsided a bit. I? went too bed and woke up the next morning and the headache had come back, that whole day I? couldn’t get out of bed or even use electronic devices because it hurt too much, I? tried to keep a positive attitude so when my boyfriend got home from work we started watching tv but I? was still in pain too the point I? couldn’t get up, then around time too sleep I? was fine for a few minutes, this continued into into the next day except that night it was worse than it had ever been before, it literally felt like my head was going too explode and I? kept smelling these horrible smells that my boyfriend could not, eventually I? showered and went to bed. The next day the headache was a bit better but not gone, so I? made the decision too visit urgent care, which is up the street but I? could barely drive because I? was unable too focus or think straight, the doctor said I? have sinusitis and prescribed me antibiotics. I?  hadn’t  noticed  any other sinusitis symptoms other than a headache but I? didn’t really care as long as it would make me feel better. I’ve finished the antibiotics, and while the headache has subsided a tiny bit it’s definately still there  and about 3 days ago I? was feeling extremely nauseated any eating or drinking felt like I? would throw up, even gagging at some points. I never threw up, but this has continued the past few days. I’ve lost total interest in most of my daily activities and simple tasks have become incredibly difficult due to the fatigue this has caused. Along with that my body has just been feeling weird. Like hard too move, and almost not there. I? do know these are all symptoms of migraines but last night something strange happened. I was sitting on the couch talking with my boyfriends roomate, and suddenly I? felt this like pinching pain inbetween my right shoulder and neck, and with movement it would shoot up the back of my head, so I basically was unable to move my neck altogether. it kept getting worse and apparently all of the sudden I? just blanked, completely stopped talking and curled into a weird position staring off into space, then my boyfriends roomate started talking to me again and I? could understand what he was saying but none of it was computing right, at this point I’d sat myself up but still felt unable too move, as if something was compressing my entire body, I? knew that I? could move if I? tried but it felt like it was impossible. still in that dazed state, my boyfriends roomate said something about my favorite movie and I? just burst into tears and sat there crying just staring into space, then having these intense moments of laughter. I? was talking but the things I? said we’re kind of odd, and there were long pauses where I? was thinking between my words.  This lasted probably 15 -25 minutes before I? stood up went too the bathroom and sat on the couch again, at this point I? was Feeling coherent I? was siting on my phone just browsing the internet but everything around me felt blank, like my boyfriend and his roomate were conversing next too me and every once in a while they’d get my attention and rather than speaking I’d just mumble because putting out words was too much work. And my left hand just felt odd, it moved fine but it felt like it wasn’t there. I? went and fell asleep for two hours and reawoke with intense chest & lower jaw pain that hurt too move or breath. This morning I? woke up the neck pain is gone, I? still feel a little weird, and a little bit of pain is still in my chest. And the incident from last night almost feels as if it did not happen I? do not smoke, drink, or have caffeine, I’m pretty healthy. And I? also could not be pregnant.  wondering if anyone else had similar experiences, And what it turned out to be or if it jsht happens to be from the sinusitis. also I? do have arthritis in my lower back but I? visit chiropractors and take physically therapy too manage the pain, I’m 19.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi what a terrible experience my heart goes out to you I have agonising head pain but not like that. Maybe someone else could help you better than me the only thing I can suggest is going back to A/E it doesn't sound right to me xxxx

• Posted

Thank you for your concern, I️ got ahold of my mom today and she suggested I️ set up a doctors appointment with my GP asap. So hopefully I️ can get this sorted out soon. 
    • Posted

Hi your mom is right I really hope you get sorted out xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.