headache in the face?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last night I had the most strange thing ever.  I started last week with neck and shoulder pain and sometimes headaches that wouldgo up the back of my head and all over the head.  But last night it was like someone had kicked me in the face.  It was brutal!  I couldn't sleep, and was almost in tears trying to will myself to sleep to stop the pain of that facial "headache" if you can call it that.  My forehead, my nose, my cheekbones and my teeth hurt.  Have any of you experienced that?  I am on my period so i am assuming it is hormonal like all the other things I am dealing with.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh sorry you've had such a rough night. That sounds so awful 😔 I've had the feeling like my whole head is pressurised and that something is squeezing all of my head including my face. Did you manage any sleep?

• Posted

I managed about 2 hours...it was a rough night.  I am sorry you get this as well...  It is horrible when it happens
  • Posted

Hi yes I've had every symptom and more, even had a tooth removed because of the pain in my jaws and teeth. The dentist took x-rays and checked my teeth and couldn't find any cause for the pain, I'm guessing it's another symptom of hormonal imbalance

I've had a migraine for the past couple of days due to unexpected bleeding, no period for 7 months then spotting which established then as a light period

I know what your going through but it will pass just like all of the other symptoms, take painkillers and try and get on with your day, easier said than done I know

Big hug for you xx

• Posted

I had a tooth removed earlier this year for the same reason!  And before periods I can still feel the same pain as when it was there...funny.

So when we bleed we get headaches now...not fun!

• Posted

That sounds like sinus pressure.  I get this too and it does seem to be hormone related.  I don't get it as often as I used too but it seemed like I would get the headache a day or two before my period started.  Even now, post hysterectomy with ovaries left in,  I still occasionally get it so I'm attributing it to hormone levels.  It's a pain and pressure in forehead, behind my eyes, around my nose and cheekbones.  Yes, and even my teeth would hurt sometimes.  These are all areas where your sinus cavities are and are classic sinus symptoms.  Try putting a hot facecloth over your face or steam....it may help.

• Posted

I kind of thought it might be sinus pressure too, but figured maybe just hormones because I was on  my period.  Finished my period yesterday and woke up today with no neck, shoulder or head/face pain...another hormonal week it was!  I am definitely going to try the hot wash cloth if this happens again!
  • Posted

Dear indifferent

Sounds like your sinuses and that will give you teeth pain and cheek pain etc. I had a sinus infection years ago and it caused the symptoms you describe. I also had pain on the top of my head and neck discomfort too x

• Posted

Well whatever that was, it lasted a day...the facial pain anyway.  I am, however having neck and shoulder issues that are pretty persistant but not unbearable most days...some days it really hurts!  I do know two other women in the same hase of life that are dealing with the same thing...seems that there is not much to do but go through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.