Headache on right side of head for 5 years, also earache since the last year

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 25 year old man. I live a very healthy lifestyle. I have 2 medical/physical conditions: 1, I have irritable bowel syndrome. And 2, I have a headache on the right side of my head. This started 5 years ago as a dull feeling of pressure just above my right ear. It came and went. Sometimes I felt it for a couple days. Some days or weeks it was gone again. But it kept on coming back. And it started to worsen. After some time it changed into a headache. Sometimes above my ear, sometimes further to the back and sometimes further to the front. I went to a neurologist but he told me everything was fine. He thought it might be an enlarged or oversensitive blood vessel in my head that causes the pressure and discomfort. But after 4 year of worsening symptoms I also have earpain accompanying the headache on the right side. I went to an audiologist for custom made earplugs, and she noticed my right ear has 12 dB hearing loss, while my left ear is fine. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on and what I can do about it? I'm getting quite desperate. The headaches are everyday, and they also make me less able to focus and concentrate, and give me a constant fuzzy feeling of tiredness. It doesn't seem like a migraine or cluster headache. Is it maybe sinus related? Is the blood vessel causing problems with my ear? Ot is the ear damage causing the headache? All replies/comments are welcome and appreciated. _Anonymous

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good afternoon sir

I read through your message and I am very sorry to here that , I will like to suggest you go for MRI scan it's very good it will shows exactly what the problem is

Hope you get better soon

Thanks

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi, I am on 9 years with left sided head/ear pain with tinnitus also. I also feel a little dizzy. I was told it was atypical or geniculate neuralgia a form of trigeminal neuralgia. I have had brain surgery, 2 rhizotomies and two gamma knife with no success. I have tried many meds. Now I take tegretol, nucynta and hydrocodone, neuronton and a few more. I keep looking for a cure. I can no longer work. What meds do you take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.