Headache on the forehead above left eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I have had headaches for nearly 3 weeks now.

The main pain is above the left eye on the forehead. I have not really had any pain anywhere else in the head apart from that.

I have suffered aniexty in the past but everytime I have had a pain or symptom its gone within a week or two.

I have had no symptoms of being sick, no blurred vision and no passing blood.

I have not had any accidents/injuries either.

I rang my local GP and managed to get a telephone call.

I described the pain and was told this sounds like Tension pains.

The GP asked me to book a eye test and susbribed me amitriptyline 10g.

I had my eye test and told my eyes were healthy and no concerns for anything. I had three tests at the specsavers and nothing came up which was threatening.

I had the amitriptyline once a night for 9 days in a row and still felt like I was getting nowhere.

When I was exercising as I am a football coach I felt the pain still considering I felt relaxed.

When I had a good sleep I have woken in the morning with the pain still there. I wouldnt say the pain was severe. I would say tender and also annoying as you know its their.

Today I decided I have had enough of this pain and went the hospital.

The doctor tested my temperature, blood pressure and was happy with them.

He also checked my heart rate and was happy.

He then placed his finger on the pain which is tender above my left eye on the forehead. He was convinced this is tension headaches.

He said even in the morning you can get these pains as its pressure with the nerves and muscles.

He said it could be a spasm above the eye muscle.

He has suscribed me Baclofen 10mg.

I am going to give these a try and hope they are the solution.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the essay everyone lol. I just wanted to make sure I gave as much information as possible.

anyone else had this experience before?

• Posted

Hi,

Glad to see this forum

I am having Throbbing pressure/Tightening of muscles/Tight band/Pulse beating /Pressing/Compression on Bridge of my Nose on right side and Fore Head above right eye through out the day from past one year. If glasses on nose, it increases. Closing eyes also increases.

MRI/Blood/Eye/Ear test normal. I use CPAP from several years, and healthy active lifestyle. Docs put me on Nortriptyline but no relief and nothing working so far.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.