Headache on top of my head for 2 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I have had this strange ache on top of my head now for two months, I remember it starting with a few zappy / stabbing pains which made me jump. They only lasted a second or two though. Ever since then it’s been this continuous ache on the top right side of my head, it doesn’t really stop me doing anything but pain killers and ibuprofen don’t take it away. 

Now leading up to when I think it started I was playing a hell of a lot of sport and I’m sure I can remember twinging my neck and it went stiff for a few hours, but since then it’s not really been stiff although when I played football a few weeks back again it did start to hurt.

My father had a brain anyurism which killed him when he was only 36 I’m currently 23 and nkwnreally worried there’s something not right. 

I bend over to see if the sharp pain comes back and sometimes it does, but I can’t work out if it’s when my neck is stretched because it’s not every time. Just last night I felt a few muscle like spasms in the back of my head but I wasn’t stretching my neck earlier in the day. I’m so worried and confused about what it could be.

My vision is terrible but it’s been like this for years as I work on computers, I don’t have no other symptoms which I can think of? 

All I do is search the internet to see what it could be and all I see is brain tumour. So now I’m petrified and worrying every day. Iv been to the doctors who have done some basic checks which are okay, they have refured me to neuro because of the family history.

Could I have damaged something in my neck? Has anyone else had this sort of continuous headache before? 

Thanks,

Charlie.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.