Headache pain relief after stroke

Posted , 3 users are following.

My wife has been suffering severe headaches after suffering a stroke, with very little relief from pain killers. I saw posted on a site that rubbing Tiger Balm onto the sore spots helps. I tried this with remarkable results, she tells me that it works better than prescribed drugs & I can see the difference it makes. We Highly Reccomened giving it a try.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the tip and hope Wife is getting there xxx

It is a long haul but we will make it, got any tips for backache  lol xxxx

• Posted

Actually I do suffer chronic back pain, the best thing I found is a second hand Tenz machine I bought. I put the electrode pads on my calf muscles & that definatly helps my back, or getting some one to masssage between calf muscles with Tiger Balm is even better,. Used the Tiger Balm again on wife:s head again this morning & worked wonders. No I dont have shares in the company lol. All the best
    • Posted

I've got a tens machine your supposed to put the electrodes on your lower back and use it 4 times a day twice in the day time and twice at night leaving a gap between treatments I have the manual from when I slipped my disk boy was that painful
    • Posted

Yeah I it put on my back as well, I found out off a quality massage therapist { finally found one } that a lot of back pain comes from the calf muscles as well. Thats why it hurts so much when they massage your calf's,when my back hurts I notice my calf muscles are tight as well,
  • Posted

Hiya I will have to try that do you get it from health food shops
    • Posted

Here in Australia most chemist shops stock it, Cost's about $11. It has worked well again today, just gently rubbing onto the pain spots & it doesnt tangle her hair too much. Definatly reccomend giving it a go. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.