Headache? Probably a brain tumour

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a hypochondriac and its ruining my life. What is life like for you guys? What seems to trigger you? Weird sensations your body presents, maybe having too much time on your hands and your brain goes into stress mode. Mine is pretty straightforward. My chest feels funny, my heart a little fast. My brain has been wired for years to think the most horrific outcome. Heart attack or stroke if I feel a little chest pain or i'm feeling a little numb. Nobody in my immediate life seems to understand. They know I have health anxiety, they can reassure me all the time but nothing feels realer than when you're going through those moments. It's crazy how your body can trick your mind and vice versa. It's really tiring worrying all the time and its def no way to live. How are some of you doing?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well I understand, I used to get muscle fasciculations (probably to do with anxiety), and I was absolutely convinced I had motor neurons disease. Your brain is incredibly powerful to persuading you that you are in imminent danger when in reality there is nothing there at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.