Headache when lightly touching left temple area

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! For about a week, I've been having a strange headache. Overall, when I'm sitting, standing, walking, or doing something else nothing is bothering me, however I do feel some pressure coming from the back of my head. When I lightly touch my left temple area, I feel pain which seems to be coming from behind of my left ear inside of my head. If I push on my left temple instead of barely touching it, I don't feel any pain at all. It only appears when I lightly touch my left temple area. I don't have any problems with my speech, hearing, vision, or balance. I don't feel dizzy either. I'm eating and sleeping very well. I do feel some pressure in my head though - it's very light with no pain. It seems like it's pressing on my eyes and nose area from the inside, but again, very light. The symptoms that I feel did not get better or worse since the headache started a week ago. 

I did have a stress recently, and the weather has been changing from hot to freezing temperatures. I've always reacted to weather, but the nature of my weather-related headaches is absolutely different from what I'm experiencing now. 

I'm a 32 year old female, and I've always considered myself healthy. My mom has had headaches as long as I remember - they are often related to weather conditions, neck and blood pressure issues. I'm not taking any medications except for oral contraceptives for about 6 years.

Has anyone had the symptoms like I described? Should I rush to the doctor or give it some time to possibly go away on its own?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Olivia I am experiencing same things in past few weeks like you said it’s not a headache it’s like a pressure I am seeing a Neurologist tomorrow just to make sure because the constant pressure got me worried , I think you should talk to your doctor about it all the best to you I will keep you posted what my doctor said after tomorrow visit and stay positive 😄

• Posted

Thank you for your response, agnieszka77134. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! Yes, it'd be great if you could share what your doctor says even though I understand that each situation is different.

For now, it seems to me that I need to relax my neck and shoulder muscles somehow. I have no idea how to do it but there are plenty of exercises that can be found online. If that doesn't help, I'll have to go and see the doctor too. But yes, let's keep positive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.