Headaches 24/7

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was diagnosed with Emphysema in February and am having further tests. This has all come at me so quickly and caught me off guard. Is anybody else suffering with these headaches? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That hasn't been my experience Stuart, but I'm sure other people on here will share theirs.  Have you asked yr doctor about the headaches?  They could be from an entirely different cause and if they're daily you need to have them checked out
  • Posted

Hi Stuart. If you suffer headaches when waking up in the early morning it is probably due to low oxygen saturation levels. Get yourself an oximeter for your finger to check. Once you can account or discount for this you can move to the next possible diagnosis.
    • Posted

Stuart, I use oxygen when sleeping, and when waking in the mornings, I would occasionally suffer with terrible headaches, and would take tylenol tablets for it making the headaches leave. Upon questioning my Pulmonologist about the headaches, he insisted it was the low oxygen. Headaches from COPD occur from a lack of oxygen combined with an abundance of carbon dioxide. Over the years, my headaches have subsided, but they were occasional during mornings only after first diagnosis. I sometimes think it was also due to becoming adjusted to new blood pressure meds, etc. too. But they were occasional and could be solved by taking tylenol, and today, it is rarely that I get them anymore. It is very important that you let your doctor know about the headaches, especially if they are abundant and every morning, since it could indicate something else. I hope this helped!
  • Posted

Hi Stuart I would run this by your GP or consultant asking if your blood oxygen levels can be checked. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.