headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi does anyone continue having constant headach due to sinus ..if so how do you cope with it 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. I used to get a lot of this with bad ears, head, nose etc.

Often had nasal polyps which had to be shrunk with steroids but just grew back a while later. It was awful. Often felt too ill to work or go out.

YET because it is ONLY the nose they see it as unimportant and that you should somehow just learn to live with it. Then quite by accident I was given cimitidine for another problem - which I resolved - and found it cleared up the headaches, nose and ears like magic. The doctor could not understand this and said it was coincidence but research showed me that it might have been that it was acid reflux causing the problems and the cimitidine was drying it up and stopping it. After a while I could not take cimitidine anymore as the side effects became unbearable. Taking probiotics and prebiotics has been a huge help to me and you cannot be allergic to it. Why not try that?

• Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I have headaches all the time everyday, I inhale Menthol Crystals and it is the only thing that helps, paracetamol does nothing, also a tiny drop of Olbas oil on your pillow at night helps to keep them clear. Hope this helps good luck.

• Posted

Would suggest you findout what causes it and deal with the root cause rather than just the symptoms. A lot of so called sinus problems are actually really acid reflux.
  • Posted

Yep I do,  driving me insane. Went to docs AGAIN today and she said if it is still bad in a week or so she's going I refer me for a scan. At the mo I'm jut taking paracetamol and ibruprofen. She said not to take sudofed as it takes the pain away for a bit but then when it's worn off it comes back with evengence. Where is your pain mainly? Mine had progressed to the top of my head, and it's so sensitive to touch :-(
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

For me it's all about being able to work, earn a living and still function properly with this sinusitis nonsense. No contemporary medicine works for me. This is what I do to control the sinus congestion and headaches, it's pretty rustic, but enables me to live a normal life:

1. Control and remove the congestion on a daily basis: To do this you have to clear your sinuses twice a day, morning and night. The best way is to use a 'Neti Pot', there a plenty of examples available of how to use it properly.

It's really worth investing the time in getting the technique right. It originates from Ayurvedic medicine I believe.

Here's a tip: Use cooled boiled water and put a pinch of salt in the water beforehand, it kills the fungus, then head slightly back, water in one nostril, when you feel the water hit the back of your throat, tilt your head to the opposite side, then tip your head forward to let it all out of your other nostril. This way, you are directing the water through your sinuses, cleansing them in the process. Repeat three times for each nostril. Job done, go to work, be happy.

2. On the weekend: Take a Russian (cold) toddy. Chop up a clove of raw garlic. Pour one shot of Russian grade vodka (at least 40% proof). Take the raw garlic and knock back the neat vodka. Then, go to sleep. Have a friend with you to keep you cheerful. The garlic and neat vodka combination is said to kill all viruses/fungus in the body - ask the Russians, they've survived sinus infections for centuries.  

This is what works for me, it may not work for you.

Good Luck and have fun trying!

KB.

• Posted

I forgot to mention point 3:

3. Burn Lavender essential oil in your home. It is antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, a rare combination for an essential oil. It also helps with stress and anxiety.  

Take care.

​KB.

• Posted

Kaptain, I hate to say, but its not that mild CS for everyone,at times for me I can barely walk from being so dizzy and symptoms like Pneumonia daily, its very debilitating, meds dont work, some ease it and thats about it. The pressure is so bad as if my head is going to explode. Did u read the one of the poor man where it infected his brain on here ? He has lost left side of his body fuction and his eye from the inflammation. Just saying...alot of people minimize this desease.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about your plight maddy and of the other man. All I can say is that living with any form of sinusitis is a daily battle, hence my daily routine to try to rid myself of this condition. More serious types like Fulminant Sinusitis really are deadly.

My personal routine gives me 'some control' over the disease, the condition never really goes away, and on occasional days it is debilitating in the ways you have described and that is certainly not mild. It just gives me 'some' relief to do a few basic things in my life.

It can work for some but not others.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.