headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all what alternitive medicine have you used for migraine headaches and has it worked do you feel better after taking the medication

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa. Feverfew is worthwhile trying but you have to take it for a couple of months before you see any improvement. I found it worked for me.
  • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I have tried feverfew but to know great improvement, evening primrose came nowhere some say B12 may help but always read the Doseage carefully.A friend recommended cayenne pepper alittle prince in warm water or in casseroles, roast vegetables etc.Coconut oil helps your digestive system that gets bogged down with all the various drugs prescribed for HM and migraines .Be careful with aspirin in small doses it can be ok but it can make the stomach bleed if used in high doses.It does irritate the stomach lining codine products can affect the bowel and colon so again ere on caution.Lavender oil and geranium oil can ease the onset on pain on pulse points but too much and it makes it worse.Decaf drinks can actually create headaches aswell as aspartame .Nettle and spearmint tea have a soothing effect aswell as camomile , ginger and honey.Sorry if I'm asking you to suck eggs here,Your nose will tel you what you can avoid in foods , smells especially perfumes and deodorants shower gel products hairs prays etc all can trigger migraines .Caffine is a hard one as many headache extra pain relievers contain Caffine , but in excess it can trigger some really bad attacks.Some times attacks can be eased by natural sweet fruit ie dates,

rasins etc.I once tried a Chinese remedy for migraine because I was getting nowhere with the prescribed drugs , boy was I ill and violently sick.

Some say acupuncture can help relax the muscles that have gone into spasm .Personally needles are enough when you have Botox for migraine.

Good luck in your search for alternative help.Keep in touch .Yvonne

• Posted

thanks for you message im very greatful to you yvonne from lisa

• Posted

The only thing that works on mine is Imitrex (not sure what they call it in the UK)  you take it when you feel one coming on.  I have tried everything you name it.  I heard acupunture works so I am going to try that next.  I have tried supplements, and diet changes, all kinds of homopathic stuff- none of it works for me    Hope someone can come up with something for you. Good luck  God Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.