Headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been having headaches for about 2years now, mostly it is just a dull pain but gets worse if I bend down and really painfull if I cough or sneeze for about 15 mins then pain goes back to dull ache, don't have it when I wake up but usually starts within half a hour of me doing my daily stuff, been to docs and had ct and mri both ok had eyes tested have busted started amtripolyn( not sure if that's spelt right ) doesn't seem to be making any difference, has anybody had the same sort of headaches or any ideas ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi . Me too since I was 8 years old, I am now 51 and since November it has been continuos with a sore scalp which is sensitive to heat, cold and even a towel. Over those years I have seen over 50 GP'S and just 1 neurologist and no scans despite constant pain. I have tried every preventive med and every alternative treatments and all painkillers and nothing has worked.

But to your question nearly every Doctor has prescribed Amiltriptiline to me which has only made me drowsy. It is a very old antidepressant that by accident some people had success with to help pain and it was also given as a sleeping aid.

It is addictive so be very careful with it.

Ian

• Posted

Possibly sinusitis. try this.

3/4 mug tomato juice. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce. 2 cloves of garlic, crushed. Heat in a microwave and drink 2 mugs of this 2 hours apart. If the pain subsides, chances are it's sinusitis which causes awful pain.

avoid dairy, drink lots of after and use steam a few times a day.

• Posted

Hi Holly Berry

I can't thank you enough. After 9 months of constant pain I tried your remedy and it works. I have 1 in the morning and 1 early evening. During those 9 months I have seen 7 GPS and a neurologist who have all offered Amiltriptiline which made me worse.

For 10 days I have had a normal life and despaired no longer. You are a life saver.

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you

Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian. Some questions for you. I've had the mild headaches which occur on either side of my head, usually left. I typically wake with it but I don't get much relief. Over the counters and rx the same. I have some tingling sometimes either on scalp area or where pain is. Did you have that and also, I am having MRI done tomorrow but neuro is telling me stress. I don't believe it though. Did your face ever hurt too? I thought maybe sinus as well bc sometimes my cheeks ache. No one thinks sinus though. Id really appreciate your input. Thank you- I will try that tomato thing too

• Posted

Should say drink lots of water.

if it helps keep drinking the tomato drink. You add some crushed ginger too

• Posted

So glad it's helped.

avoid dairy, drink water. Continue tomato drink. 

Hope you continue to feel well!

• Posted

Holly,

What were your symptoms? and did anyone tell you it wasn't your sinuses ? both doctors said not likely. Just wondered how you knew it was your sinuses.. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.