Headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was taken to hospital over the weekend with severe headaches no painkiller would touch no co codamol no morphie tramadol nothing I had lumber puncture ct scan blood test all come back clear they sent me home Sunday night still in excruciating pain with co codamol anti sickness and tramadol yet none of it has helped I'm still in the same agonising pain I can't sleep because it wakes me I have no appetite I haven't eaten in 4 days can't hold any fluid down it's killing me anyone help me 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi you could get your Dr to prescribe Sumatriptan injection its like an epinen.  For me it works in about 10 minutes.  But you will need a preventative med too.  You could try Nortriptylene, Pregabalin, Verapamil to name a few.  You may need a combination too.

Hope this helps.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.  Best wishes and take care

• Posted

I'm sorry your in pain. Unfortunately I can relate.  I've had a never ending headache for the last 6 months.  Like you nothing takes my headaches away only decreases the pain.  I'm on 40mg of noritriptyline and I still have a headache.  If you find relief please remember to update us. 

• Posted

Yeah it's awful only relief I found was to sleep a lot and take 50mg tramadol 2 of them 4 times a day hope yours clears up with this what had your gp said xx

• Posted

Hi, I have been saved by an extremely talented acupuncture therapist. Meds do not work on me. I am in such pain and the nerves of my head are so irritated that also the skin of my head got irritated. So I found the idea of bathing my head with olive oil, like the ancients did for headaches. It works a bit for me. Do some research also about pregabalin-Lyrica. It is a good med. Of course different things apply to different people with different headaches. Hope I give you some hints. Sleep early at night, drink alot of water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.