Headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter, Jordan, is 8.5 years old. In 2014 I was concerned about her hearing because her speech wasn't maturing as it needed to. In 2015 we found a cholesteatoma. In May 2017 we had it surgically removed, along with damaged bone, and she had a prosthetic bone placed last month. The Dr went in through the ear canal. She rarely complains of pain, but she's started having headaches that are wearing her down.

I've placed a call to her Dr, but he hasn't called back yet. Has anyone had a similar experience?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I had my ctoma removed feb 2015. I also had reconstruction feb 2017. I have had a tension headache since November 2016. I am tender and sore  behind the ear I’m which I had the surgery. A physio has been treating the muscles which are spasiming behind my ear. That gives me some relief. However she agrees that their is middle ear issues. My ENT however doubts that it has anything to do with my ears. I have tried many things to figure out how to stop the headache and have had no success. I am about to try a vestibular physio as it might be a headache cause by my vestibular in my ear.

If you have found anything that works please let me know 

• Posted

Hello,

I had my ctoma removed feb 2015. I also had reconstruction feb 2017. I have had a tension headache since November 2016. I am tender and sore  behind the ear I’m which I had the surgery. A physio has been treating the muscles which are spasiming behind my ear. That gives me some relief. However she agrees that their is middle ear issues. My ENT however doubts that it has anything to do with my ears. I have tried many things to figure out how to stop the headache and have had no success. I am about to try a vestibular physio as it might be a headache cause by my vestibular in my ear.

If you have found anything that works please let me know 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.