Headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am having constant pressure headaches in my forhead and also makes my eyes hurt, they are terrible. My eyesight has not been affected. Also my temples on each side are not tender. Has anyone had this. I forget to say I am on 25mg of prednisone for the last week. Was on 17.5 before that but I started getting pain and had to go up on my pred.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't think any doctor would blame you for checking this. We are warned that PMR patients are at extra risk ( don't remember the level )of GCA.

I went immediately when I had pain between my cheek-bone and ear. It was all ok but first doctor asked for second opinion so was obviously taken seriously. 

Play safe and let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Thank you. I am always thinking about GCA, that is why I started this discussion. I think to be safe I must set an appointment with my doctor.
  • Posted

Headache can be a side effect of pred. Have you tried ordinary painkillers (paracetamol or cocodamol maybe) to see if it is something else? And have you spoken to your doctor about it?
    • Posted

These headaches seem to disappear by morning after sleeping. I have taken tylenol and it seems to help a little. I will make and appointment with my Doctor. Thanks Eileen
  • Posted

Bella, I would be on the safe side and go for medical attention if I could not get relief from the headache with over the counter meds. We must be aware of GCA and not take chances. Good luck on the rest of your journey. Think positive!
    • Posted

Thank you, I am going to make an appointment with my Doctor. If it gets worse before my appointment I am going to emergency.
    • Posted

Bella, that is what I have been instructed to do. Call the Rheumatologist, can not get to see her go to the emergency room if there is any question in my mind about GCA. Good luck, think positive. ☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.