Headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone get lots of headaches since starting taking this medication? I mainly get them at the back of my head particularly at the base in the corners and occasionally at the side of my head. Not sure if this is the meds or just my anxiety as I also have a lot of pain and discomfort in my neck so could be related.

I have health anxiety so get easily worried about and aches and pains etc

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes I was getting horrible headaches up until week 13 on the medication still get them but not as bad. it's very common. just take paracetamol if you can.

• Posted

Wow thats a long time, did you have them virtually every day? Glad they have got better for you now.

Where abouts were yours, mine are always pretty much at the back of my head near the base of my skull in the corners near my ears but occasionally also at the side of my head

• Posted

those head pains are all so common.i usually talk to patients in the waiting area of my phychiatrist and they all say the same thing about the back lower head pain cause by ssri.they will subside

• Posted

Thanks for the reassurence, my health anxiety always make be think the worst, even been having the extremely irrational thought that there was a problem with my skull lol.

Ive just started week 3 and having a blip with increased anxiety again so your post has helped

• Posted

i had them for all the years on the meds and funnily enough i was put on them for migraines which they actually made worse, but thats just me not everyone x

• Posted

Hi Graham

I've read that it's quite common to g e t these when starting citalopram and with many other new drugs for that matter, it could also be anxiety. The more you worry the worse they become. Like you I tend to worry, I'm reducing and have been getting them since before Christmas. Yesterday was a headache free day but not today. If you can take paracetamol that's great, I can't take them, they make my headaches worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.