Headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've gone almost 10 months of missing my period, I'm getting closer to menopause but the closer I get I've been having headaches . The headaches are so do unbearable , I usually get them around period and ovulation time if I was still having a period. The whole head seem to hurt especially in the sinus area and around the back of head. Along with the headaches I am so weak. I thought I would be feeling better since I'm getting closer to menopause but I feel so depleted of hormones and so aged. Does anyone tell me why I'm having these headaches? I've never had headaches before until the past few months.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi mary

im 50 and I start having headaches since im 45 and yes i have the same exact headaches plus i see floaters , pain behind my eyes , tingly face , hands and legs the pain is bad enough that it can last 8 days.

• Posted

hi mary

im 50 and I start having headaches since im 45 and yes i have the same exact headaches plus i see floaters , pain behind my eyes , tingly face , hands and legs the pain is bad enough that it can last 8 days.

• Posted

I am 45 (peri) and started getting migraines at the start of my period around 37/38. I had my first migraine aura at 43. The migraines are incapacitating. I often lie in bed for 24 hours with ice packs around my head and back of neck. Absolutely, tortuous. i have a period every 21 days, so it really adds up. It is easy to blow through 10 allotted sick days. xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.