Headaches adding drug

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I add the Tramadol with Tylenol it generates major headaches . What do I do? I already take 5mg oxycodone 2x a day . The Tramadol is taken 3x a day

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Why are you taking so many different painkillers?  Every single one of them has important side effects.  
    • Posted

5mg oxycodone doesn't solve back pain  so doctor is adding something as I am trying to reduce the pain .  The side effects are a problem and I look at them which is extensive when I add other drugs I take

he dropped Tramadol and added acetaminophen which is milder than Tramadol . 

Anhaga do you have any ideas how to reduce the back pain 

Pain vs Side effects?

• Posted

I don't think I can ever have been in as much pain as you are, but right now I have no back pain, and all I can say is that because I have polymyalgia rheumatica I have been going to a physiotherapist for help so I can reduce my steroid medication, and all she has done for me, plus a load of back strengthening exercises, has apparently really helped me - took a while, though.  One thing she did was "dry needling" where a needle, like an acupuncture needle but it's not acupuncture, is inserted in muscles lining the spine, and it "resets" the muscle's electrical signal, so if you have spasmed muscles this can relieve pain.  My physiotherapist said sometimes people's muscles are so hard and spasmed they can cause fractured vertebrae!  So that is something to consider.  I had no idea I had these tight muscles, but she said they were like bricks, called it "bad tone".  She also has done some techniques and given me exercises to straighten out some scoliosis I'd been developing.  When I went for a repeat DXA scan I had to lie in what is now a very uncomfortable position so they could match up the exact position (complete with scoliosis curve) from the previous scan only a year earlier, so apparently that's been another thing which has helped.  

I hope you are able to get help for your back pain.  I do know life is much better for me now, but as I say I don't think I could have been as bad as you seem to be as I never took any medication for it, except a couple of times when it was really bad took some aspirin.  It was something that bothered me off and on most of my adult life, I'm now almost 70 and I think my back is as good as it's ever been. 

Do let us know how you get on.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for the dry needling idea . I appreciate any help for my back

You sound like you are improving from the work done and I commend you

• Posted

Yes, it is quite remarkable, really.  I used to have a lot of hip pain when walking and thought I might be needing a hip replacemnt.  No sign of arthritis in hips, fortunately, and I was just thinking the other day that I can't remember the last time I was in hippain when walking.  

• Posted

God bless that you are doing well relative to your travels medically .I am not normally that spiritual but I like the thought of a little extra help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.