Headaches and Dry Eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know why coming off mirtazapine causes these symptoms and has anyone else experienced these issues?

I've been off Mirtazapine about three weeks and these two symptoms are almost to the point of being deabilitating and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on dealing with this issues. Any help would be appreciated as I know I have to get through this but it's a real struggle and I'm hoping for help from others who know what I'm going through.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Three weeks! Congrats!! Maybe use some visine for your eyes and some Tylenol for the headache. Hope you get through this. Sounds like you are almost there.
    • Posted

Thanks and hopefully things will get easier soon with the eyes and headaches but I guess time will tell. It's very frustrating to have these symptoms and I wish I could understand why they happen so maybe I could deal with them better. Thanks again and best of luck to you Laserbeam!

• Posted

Don't use Visine Visine is for redness and will cause more dry eyes just try it a preservative free Lubricant Eye drop

• Posted

Seems, like, dry eyes are pretty common sife effect, I am having this problem from time to time too. Still not sure what triggers it as it does not happen all the time. I am on 15mg for a 3rd month.
    • Posted

Mine got worse at the lower doses and are really aggravating but hopefully the longer I'm off the mirtazapine the better they will get, just hard to believe any medication could cause such severe reactions sometimes.

• Posted

Might be the antihistamine effect antihistamines can dry you out. I've been taking for four months and made my dry eyes worse. Originally got dry eyes after taking olanzapine for about 6 weeks and then low dose Seroquel for about three months to help me sleep. Dry eyes can be also caused by an inflammatory condition. But very many antidepressants cause or can cause dry eyes. Try taking fish oil and eat and anti-inflammatory diet including lots of fruits and berries research the internet 480 inflammatory foods and spices

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.