Headaches and IBS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 48 year old male non smoker occasional drinker. I was diagnosed with IBS in 1998 when I was 26 years old and have symptoms ever since. I have noticed when I have gas or heartburn I have a headache which feels like a tension headache, no aura not very painful just like a vice squeezing. I have been to numerous doctors and they pretty much pass it off as anxiety.

IBS symptoms are, diarrhea , heartburn, gas and occasional cramping.

Non GI symptoms headache and lately sexual problems ( which is prolly anxiety related cause my mind is always pre-occupied with the IBS and other symptoms.

I've modified my diet I have cut red meat in half, no potato chips rarely any cookies or other pastries. Anybody experience anything related?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Paul, your doctor's won't understand this but is it possible it is a certain foodstuff that is setting these symptoms off? have you tried speaking to a dietician? if it is ibs you have then you could be allergic or intolerant to something? don't cut anything out try speaking to someone 1st!

• Posted

I've spoken to numerous doctors and they just blow me off for the most part. A dietician i have not spoken to, may have to try that. Thanks for the input

• Posted

good luck, ring the dietician service if necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.