Headaches Before hemorrhagic stroke?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My brother had a headache for two days.  On the third day his headache became severe. He had flashing lights that were worse in the right eye.

He was kept in over night.  He was diagnosed with migraine and despite my concerns was sent home.  He collapsed as soon as we arrived home.  We called another ambulance that took him to another hospital.  Where a CT scan confirmed he'd suffered a stroke.  He has now been left blind.

Does anyone know if you can suffer headache for a few days before a stroke occurres?   Or is a stroke instant?   I am trying to pin point the time the stroke happened.  Thank you.

Sue.  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue I am Tania Clayton and my picture is the snap chat filter one where you end up with the big teeth pmsl from Cornwall whats your name and where do you come from? christ I sound like Cilla Blake on blind date now ha ha 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.