Headaches caused by anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I am 20 years old. Recently, and experienced strange headaches. I'll tell you in order.

Once I was sitting at the computer and felt a muscle tension in the neck and shoulders. There was discomfort, the head was "heavy" to hold. Did not attach much importance.

Then headaches began. They are rather strange. There are only (!) With excitement and anxiety, how calm emotionally, instantly pass. Accompanied by fear (stroke, etc.), and the stronger the fear, the greater the pain.

Begin with a spasm in the neck. She whines and muscles are tense. Then I start to wind myself, and there is an alarm. The power of pain is completely proportionate to the strength of anxiety. The pains are compressive and bursting, the pain is dull and aching, the ears are burning. At the peak of my anxiety, there is a strong pulsation of blood vessels in my head (pain is not pulsating, just pulsation). It seems that the blood vessels now burst, there is a fear of death. It becomes hot in the face, the face "blows out" with a hot wind, the whole head is compressed and strongly aching, especially the ears. As soon as I relax, smile, reduce anxiety with the help of auto-training - the pain ceases and immediately passes. When completely relaxed, the muscles of the neck stop being clamped and a wave of pleasant trembling, a shiver rolls over the back.

At the peak of fear during pain, the face is poured cold with sweat, hot flashes and then hot flashes. Hands are also icy and wet.

Sometimes such pains are accompanied by discomfort and mild pain in the back, as well as painful tension of the muscles of the hands and feet, their stiffness.

There was some anxious waiting for the next attack of such pain.

I measured the pressure at the peak of the headache (I was all scared then, I was afraid of a stroke or something), it was 175 by 90. Calmed down, measured a second time after a small interval - 140 to 90.

Once there was another unpleasant condition, I think associated with this pain. Has arisen once and has not been repeated.

I woke up in the morning with my ears stuffed, as if stunned. The condition was similar to the presence of a sulfur plug. Audibility was good, the only thing, the surrounding sounds a little resonated in my head with a light echo, my ears were a little wadded. After hours 4 this stuffiness has passed.

What's with me and is it dangerous?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This condition is called a panic attack with a hyperventilation syndrome. The reason for the panic attack is psychogenic, underserved conflicts. This is done by psychotherapists, but if the therapist simply prescribes medicines without working with you with psychotherapeutic techniques: hypnosis, conversation, body-oriented therapy, etc., this doctor is not for you. While the conflict provoking attacks will not be found, we will walk in a circle. Assigning drugs - tranquilizers, nootropics, only facilitate, but do not solve posoblemy. I call this the "ostrich's head syndrome". Head in the sand and like all the problems have disappeared :-) Now about the hyperventilation syndrome. Its cause is a sharp increase in breathing during an attack, inferiority of abdominal diaphragmatic breathing. As a result, excess oxygen accumulates in the blood - hence the coldness of the hands, a state with darkening in the eyes, convulsions, sensations of the constriction of the head, tingling of the needles along the body. What to do? To address to the neurologist, to exclude more serious pathology. If during the examination nothing is revealed, treat with a neurologist and psychotherapist with a panic attack syndrome and a hyperventilation syndrome. Yours faithfully, Liana.

P.S. if it's a disease you want to try for yourself, I advise you gabapentin. It can be ordered online. Drink 4-5 tablets, write about the result.  About gabapentin here

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Sorry. 

• Posted

This condition is called a panic attack with a hyperventilation syndrome. The reason for the panic attack is psychogenic, underserved conflicts. This is done by psychotherapists, but if the therapist simply prescribes medicines without working with you with psychotherapeutic techniques: hypnosis, conversation, body-oriented therapy, etc., this doctor is not for you. While the conflict provoking attacks will not be found, we will walk in a circle. Assigning drugs - tranquilizers, nootropics, only facilitate, but do not solve posoblemy. I call this the "ostrich's head syndrome". Head in the sand and like all the problems have disappeared :-) Now about the hyperventilation syndrome. Its cause is a sharp increase in breathing during an attack, inferiority of abdominal diaphragmatic breathing. As a result, excess oxygen accumulates in the blood - hence the coldness of the hands, a state with darkening in the eyes, convulsions, sensations of the constriction of the head, tingling of the needles along the body. What to do? To address to the neurologist, ??????????????? to exclude more serious pathology. If during the examination nothing is revealed, treat with a neurologist and psychotherapist with a panic attack syndrome and a hyperventilation syndrome. Sincerely, Liana

• Posted

Simon

I have looked through the beginning of your script. How you explain your problem sounds like posture, you are not sitting well and this will cause pain in your shoulders and neck. The disks in the neck are not strong and if you are bending, slouching  you will get pain transmitting into your brain and you will get headaches.

You mention Stress, you will suffer physical stress in your spine C1,2,3 etc. If you also place stress on the neck, to shoulder that will cause problems as you extend your arm from shoulder. This may transmit pains down to elbow and possible down to wrist and fingers

You could try Relaxation Techniques, MINDFULNESS,  Also getting up and walking around every so often will help your joints relax.

Look on site and you may find assistance on posture, this can affect your hips as well and hopefully you will feel a little better. However computers and working on keyboards for long periods will eventually cause painful joints in your hands, shoulders and fingers

Basically I do not think you have anything terminal I just feel you need to consider how you sit walk and work on your computer

BOB

• Posted

Hi this does sound nasty but no one on here can diagnose you I'm afraid.  You need to see your doctor for a diagnosis.  Good luck with it and I hope it's nothing serious.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.