Headaches/dizzyness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all..! 

I'm just after some general advice, or if anyone has been in a similar situation. I wasnt sure which group fit my symptoms best, so I thought perhaps this could be good - as headaches are kind of sometimes resulting in similar symptoms. 

I'd just like to firstly say that this isn't stressing me too much. I'm trying to be practical! So, my symptoms. 

I am a 30 year old guy, been pretty healthy. Not overweight, no injuries, eat well, exercise 1-2 hours walking per day etc. Not a stressful job - I'm a tour guide. All these symptoms started only around 5/6 days ago.

So, firstly, I feel like I am walking on a trampoline. very strange sensation. 

I also have slight ringing in my ears

And visually, my eyesight has changed a bit. I feel like I'm looking through an old tv when it has lost signal - everything is slightly pixelated. I'm also more sensitive to light - I have an impression of shapes for a few seconds of things I have just looked at, particularly in a darkened room. Sometimes if I look at a white wall, it will turn a little yellowy/black, and it will start to "wave" - like the sea.

I also have brain fog, and I cant formulate sentences sometimes co-herrently. Although I think that I think okay..! My legs also feel a little weak sometimes.

I do have a little shoulder/neck pain.

I have had a little jaw pain from biting my teeth, but nothing too bad. The muscles in my cheeks were twitching a couple of weeks ago, and it was hurting a little more then. But it really isnt too bad now. 

Has anyone had similar symptoms/been medically diagnosed with anything? 

I've been to the doctors a few times, but they keep saying "maybe you're stressed", and one nurse recommended that I went for physiotherapy on my neck/shoulders - as it could be coming from that. 

I did also visit a neuralgic doctor, she did all sorts of tests etc, and she seemed 100% convinced that it was NOT neuralgic. 

I've also had a CT scan done of the brain/skull - everything was fine there, and a xray of my neck - nothing was displaced/irregular in terms of bones. 

Any helpers or hints at where I could go/what i should do next would be appreciated!

I'm not driving at the moment due to this, and I feel generally a little uncomfortable with my eyesight issues. Apart from that I'm a firm believer of "belief".. but only to a point! biggrin

Thanks anyone/everyone in advance!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just want to say that I dont want to worry anyone - I'm a really chilled out and relaxed guy. wink  I have my first physiotherapy tomorrow, and who knows - maybe it will help..... I'm just a little concerned with the visual disturbances most really, and after any clues that people may have, or if anyone has experienced anything similar. smile 

• Posted

What your experiencing is migraine with aura, look it up. This isn’t something that is sinister in a way and can’t harm you as it is normal and based off multiple factors.. such as stress, diet, neck pain, sleep and others. This happens to me at least couple times a month could be lesss could be more depends tbh.. I also get the sensitivity to light and pixelated eyesight then a migraine afterwards. So migraines with aura check it out. It is scary but I have gotten used to it although I hate it very much haha.. good luck! 

There are medication out there that can prevent them such as triptans I don’t take medication for it but your neurologist can show you how it works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.