Headaches for last 4-5 Months and Neurologist and ENT can not agree on cause

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last 4-5 Months or more i have been having headaches daily behind my eyebrow which originates i believe in the Frontal Nasal. On this side i have a large bump which is harder than bone. First few doctors said it was an Osteoma. But that has been ruled out and ENT which did CT basically punted me to Neurologist because ruled out Osteoma to address headaches (which some numbness around eye and check occur). Neurologist ordered MRI which he said shows air trapped in Frontal Nasal putting pressure which has pushed bone up and putting pressure on brain probably causing headaches and my other issues. So i went to another ENT since first was not very helpful. He said he doesnt see anything on MRI and it cant be air trapped but is congestion but i asked today if was congestion would it not show up on the CT scan or MRI but instead all you see is air? Today he said it was fine and everything was free. So i am very confused and can not get an answer from anyone to what is causing headaches. I have tried Botox, Nerve Meds, and take a shot to prevent Migraines which has not worked either.

I am going to 3rd ENT at Emory in Atlanta hopefully for some answers because it is driving me crazy. I thought i was going nuts from this and has cause bad anxiety and concentration issue along with some other.

Does anyone have any input on what this could be? I dont know what to think when my Neurologist says its "trapped" air putting pressure and the ENT i just went to says its not? He first said it was congestion but you can only see air in the MRI which clearly shows the sinus and bump in that area where i am only getting the headaches.

These show the bad side with bump

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Anyone have any ideas? image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.