Headaches, fuzziness, feeling out of it....

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I was wondering what other people's experiences are of this. I'm having a crappy day today and yesterday was bad too. 

I suffer with anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia (so pain and fatigue are a big part of my life). But I've found that I have days (like today) where I have splitting headaches, feels like my brain is really foggy and want to shake my head to clear it but can't, my mood is low, and I don't feel like I'm part of the world. Not derealization (I've had that) but just 'out of it'. I detest feeling like this, and I don't know what causes it. It just hits me out of knowwhere. I was out shopping/having coffee with my Mum on Thursday and it was good, but I wouldn't have been able to go on my own that day. Friday my Dad came down and we walked to the shops near me to get a few things but I would have been too 'insecure' (?) to go on my own that day. Saturday I knew I had to take the dog out as she'd only been in garden for a short play Friday while my Dad was here, but I couldn't face going to the beach and didn't want to interact with anyone, so walked up to my mums for a bit (but that wasn't much of a walk for her!). Today is Sunday and I'm not washed or dressed. It's been so sunny outside and if I didn't have a shared garden with downstairs I would have sat out with the dog, but I haven't left the flat. (I should say I have puppy pads still as she isn't very old). I've felt trapped by my own head today. At some points it's felt like my brain was pressing against my skull, and I've wanted to scream. (other times, not today though, it feel like the front of my brain is shrinking away from my skull!)

I also have days where I can stride down the beach and talk to other dog owners, and have a good time!!

I just wondered if anyone else goes through something similar??

I'd appreciated any input.

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mari, I'm really sorry you've gone so long without any of us replying!!! You aren't alone, anxiety and depression are so cruel and unfortunately put us through this. Have you seen the doctors about it? Have you been on any medication? You could also call Samaritans when you feel helpless, they are brilliant. I feel like this a lot too. I know it'll be hard but it might be good to try to keep a stable routine through each day e.g. get up and go to bed at same time everyday, have breakfast as soon as you wake, make a small plan for the day, even if it's a little hobby at home. If you have something you enjoy e.g art, an instrument, etc that would be really good for you! Try to find something if you can smile Don't put pressure on yourself, give it time, be patient and kind to yourself. It will be okay. We here are all your friends. Message me any time x

• Posted

Hi eb, thank you so much for replying. I'm very grateful to you. Not that I want anyone to suffer but it is comforting to hear that someone else goes through this as well. I get very confused at times as some days were like the day I posted, and others aren't! And I can't understand why. Everytime I read about the clinical definition of depression it's described as a persistant low mood. But I don't feel like that. I cannot bear it when I feel the way I do on the day I posted. Those are my non-days. Yes I have taken up a new hobby recently of crafting! But on those really bad days I just can't stand to do anything. I have been given the number of Samaritans but I don't know what I would say! I'm afraid to incase I just sound like a mumbling fool! Maybe I will try it next time if you think they are helpful. I think I have a huge problem admitting to myself that I am in crisis at times. I know I have real problems with validating my own feelings. Ugh! It's so frustrating! I've had an initial appointment with a CPN and she wants to refer me to see someone (I assume as psychologist or psychiatrist) but she is on holiday just now, so waiting till she gets back.

Thank you again for replying. Best wishes, Mari xxx

• Posted

No worries I totally get it! Yeah it's strange, it happens to me too - I mean everyone has good and bad days. But it's worth with anxiety, depression etc. The only things I can think are is there any changes to your sleep or diet or activities on those days? 

That's true, but there is also manic depression/bipolar disorder. Have a look at that, it might describe you, it might not. 

That's brilliant! Do you enjoy it? Yeah I get like that, I usually just watch TV and block everything out. But it would be good to try to push through it and do something, because I know it' would improve the mood (pot calling kettle black because I've never managed it but it's a good idea haha).

I felt exactly the same, When I rang them the first thing I said was "I don't really know what to say", and she said "That's okay, you don't have to say anything at all if you don't want to", then she just asked casual questions, really calming and comfortable.  You won't, they don't judge anyone. And they won't know who you are anyway smile

Yeah I would definitely reccommend it! Yeah that's understandable - I get really stubborn about it too. We have to try to be honest with ourselves but it's so hard mad

Oh brilliant! Well done that's really good! Okay good luck with that, be strong you can do it!

It's okay, here anytime xxx

• Posted

Hi eb, how are you? I noticed your recent post was deleted by the moderator. Hope you are doing ok. Mari xx
    • Posted

Hi Mari, was it? I didn't notice! Was it a comment I'd made in a discussion or a discussion I'd tried to start? Thanks, I am doing better I think! Hope you are okay too? xx

• Posted

Oh I think it was a post that no one replied to on this forum so I copied it into a different group, I got a reply on there so that's probably why they deleted it on here smile x

• Posted

Ah, ok. Just thought I'd ask in case you needed help with something and your discussion wasn't allowed. They seem to take things off of here for weird reasons at times! Anyway, that's good you are doing better. I've had a bad week but finally left house today and going into town with my Mum tomorrow, so a bit of shopping therapy will help cheesygrin

• Posted

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that! Sorry for the late reply, I hope you had a good day with your Mum, well done for managing that it's a big step!!! Hope all is well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.