Headaches getting work with chiari help

Posted , 5 users are following.

My headaches have been getting worse and nothing work. The pain is shooting down to my shoulder blades back through my neck to my ears and to the top of my head. I feel like I under water. My head feels full like it's ripping my brains out. The pain is so severe that I can't even do my regular activities. My arms go numb, I have ringing in my ears. And if I listen to music after I turn it off I can still hear it. Also Ia throwing up on a daily basis.

Anyone else have these symtoms?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you need to schedule an appointment with a neurologist ASAP. Request a cine MRI to see if your cerebellum brain tonsils are blocking your spinal flow. Based on the MRI results a diagnosis can be made. Personally, after decompression surgery, I suffer with eye pain, headache,arm and leg pain, neck pain difficulty walking, and stomach pain. It is different for each of us. The ear pain and hearing problem comes and goes. Also, make an appointment with a mental healthcare professional immediately to get some meds to help you cope. Also, a counselor really helps. You may also view some Chiari videos on utube to get some resource information. Two things that are scary is the fact most medical professionals don't have much knowledge about Chiari symptoms. You don't have anyone to guide you except neurologist or neurosurgeon. Psychologists think you have a neurosis because u complain of so many problems. Don't let that get u down u know what u are feeling. When it comes to pain management an anticonvulsant may be prescribed. Gabapentin or lyrica are nerve pain meds. For severe pain morphine may be prescribed. I tried so many muscle relaxers, anxiety drugs, it was unreal. Nothing works it was a waste of time and money. It took about 6 years to get a diagnosis. I went to so many doctors and none of them could figure out was wrong. I had to be my own advocate and push for an answer.

• Posted

I am there, tried all those medicines mentioned nothing g works not even ativam. I have been to so many Dr all they say is it is tk complex and look at me like I'm crazy. I know it's the chiari. It just has to be. I have my cine mri on Tuesday. I am hoping g this will give them the answers they need to proceed to the surgery. I want my life back.

• Posted

Have you had decompression surgery? What medicines have been tried to treat it?
    • Posted

I have not had the surgery yet in the process of all the testing. I have tried every headache/migraine medicine except botox. Nothing works. I also have the panic attacks but nothing is working with those either. My opinion is there is no way they can get to the brain to work.
  • Posted

I had the anxiety attacks. I would be driving to work and it would come out of nowhere. Toward the end of my employment, my blood pressure would go up for no reason. My boss was very good to me and understood something was wrong. The neck pain got so back I couldn't sit up to work. Finally, I went on disability. Understand I'm 62 and had a c5/c6 fusion of my neck prior to the decompression. I also fell on black ice and hit my head. Everyone is different. I wish u the best.

• Posted

God. Poor you. It's so horrid. Sounds typical for chari or syringomyelia but I don't know your story. Having had 5 years of trauma and misdiagnosis I finally discovered I had syringomyelia. Similar symptoms. Have various drugs. Do hope you have a consultant. Takes a while and is a frustrating process. This website reminds us that it it is ongoing but others bear it too. US and UK sufferers plus global. Thinking of you .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.