Headaches, head pressure, fatigue, confusion and more... Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been getting headaches for quite some time now every day, really painful in the front of my head under my eyebrows and behind the eyes, which my eyes also hurt if I move them. It's like there's this intense pressure in my head and it's horrible. Also I have always been sensitive to light but now it is unbearable, and I am a little bit short-sighted but my vision has gotten significantly worse. I find myself getting dizzy and feeling as if I am going to fall over, getting confused and disorientated every day, no concentration, and not being able to think of words that I want to say when I am speaking, it is getting my partner worried because I am acting weird. Now I am also struggling to recognise and spell words... I got top marks in English and I have never had a problem with my spelling so this is all very strange and scary.

The fatigue is getting so unbearable I can't walk properly half the time and have to stay partially bent over, also to try and stop the dizziness. I find that I can't stay awake for a whole day and the exhaustion is so severe I'm having to rest so much of the time.

I've had a feeling of fullness in my ears for a while now, they have been checked and there's no infection. I've also started getting really severe mood swings, and all the pain and exhaustion is really getting me down.

I have tried sinus tablets for the headache and painkillers but nothing has seemed to work. I am a female who has just turned 22 and I can't take this any more, so any help would really be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sam,  I am feeling a lot of the same things you are. I'm in bed now trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I happen to fall down steps 2 yrs ago. Hit my head and back really bad.  I wasn't in such bad shape in the beginning but after seeing doctors & having procedures it's worse, so bad that i went to the  hospital  er 2 times nothing was found except the usual for my age.  but the pain is so bad in my head. I feel pressure in the back of my head & it goes to the top . i have a  weird feeling along my nose, pain on the top of my eye in the socket & eye brow & I can't open my mouth right. It feels tight, I also have pain at the base of my skull where it meets my neck. it spasms & i have the worst headaches that nothing helps  .I'm so drained, i'm in bed most of the day but can't sleep. I can't find a  comfortable position. I also have insomnia.  I haven't slept in i don't know how long because of the pain   i feel like my legs are giving out esp at the knee caps. I don't think straight. confused about what someone is talking about & i'm slow talking, Oh my ears are so sensitive that every little noise hurts. It makes my ears & head vibrate.   I too have tried every thing on the market.  I'm dizzy,mood swings, eyes sensitive, can't remember what i was talking about, exhaustion from dealing with it & no sleep with pain.   I remember i had my teeth worked on right before my head aches were this bad. I  was wondering if you had any teeth work done?  I don't know anymore. I'm tried of doctors saying nothing is there yet it hurts so bad. I used to go out constantly. Never sat down & now that's all i do, So depressed because they don't know what it is.  I was thinking of a chiropractor too, i was seeing people with head aches & sinuses get adjusted & felt better. I wish i had an answer for you.  so bored being in & not being able to sleep to get away from it all would be a miracle.  But i figured i would ask you about having work on your teeth & maybe a chiropractor for an adjustment. I need to go to both but i'm so tired & hurting I can't make it out the door. And the sun kills my eyes.   Keep us posted if you find anything. I know they'll give you something for stress too, they always think it's in your head cause they don't know. & don't want to hear that something they gave you or did didn't work. 

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through, has anybody you've seen made any suggestions? I know how you feel with the exhaustion, I've managed to do some dishes today that have been piling up for a while, and my legs were in so much pain after from only standing there for a short time that I had to go lay back down. That's all I ever end up doing. And the sun is just unbearable even with sunglasses!

I'm afraid I can't say it's anything to do with dental work as I haven't actually been to the dentist in about 4 or 5 years (whoops!) so I haven't had anything done that I could link to it. But maybe something to do with the jaw joint like TMJ if you are struggling to open your mouth and if it stemmed from dental work could be part of the issue? I know the jaw is linked to all sorts of places and nerves that people wouldn't usually think of, maybe worth looking it up or going to the dentist to see if they could look at the jaw to see if that would help some of your symptoms? Although if that's when the problem started I can understand not wanting to go back there. If you've already looked into it or there's no way it's that then just ignore me, just trying to think of anything that could possibly help. I don't know if a problem in the jaw would account for everything you describe but it might be causing some of the problems if it started from dental work?

I hope you manage to find a doctor who listens to you instead of saying it's nothing, and that you manage to get some rest and hopefully relief from the pain. I wish you all the best, keep me posted with your progress!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.