Headaches off mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

4 weeks of mirtazapine and headaches are becoming more frequent and lasting all day. Nothing seems to help.. Anyone else experienced this? Headaches are truly awful 😞

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dee you have done so well.I am titrate going off this med,was on 45mg now done to 22.5mg so a long way to go! but every reduction I make,I get all usual symptoms,night sweats,nausea,muscle aches anxiety spikes,and for me around weeks end of two to three weeks after a reduction get horrendous migraine type headache,that's not really responsive to my usual painkillers,and feel rotten,but then after week end week three,(usually feel really well for a week) before reducing further.ive been on 45mg mirtazapine nearly six years for major depression with anxiety,but been 100% mentally well on this drug for last 5 years (would have stayed on it for life) but around 2 years ago the horrific nightmares,and bizarre vivid dreams,would even have put up with added extra weight gain I can't really afford,but don't want nightmares any more.hope you feel better soon,or at least have some longer periods of feeling well,as I've seen some say can take up to three months for nervous system to heal.

• Posted

Did you taper from what dose ?
    • Posted

See the first 2 times I quit when I didn't get horrendous withdrawals I had bad headaches for around 12 weeks x

• Posted

That was meant to say dee 😐

• Posted

That seems sensible. I suspect you will have to sit it out. Have you any other symptoms and did you get headaches when you were tapering ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.