Headaches on 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Been on 20mg for 8 weeks now and my anxiety and panic attacks are so much better. But have a daily headache over my eyes, temples, neck and on and off tight shoulders?? Worried doctor may up my meds?? Also still have weird dreams every night which are causing anxious sleep so probarly causing the headaches? or is it a side effect. Any advise would be really helpful before gp appointment x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had extreme panic attacks for the first time in my life at 62.  I thought I was dying and made several trips to the hospital   I got myself so worked up my blood pressure would shoot up to 210/103  I started on 10 mg then it was increased to 20 after a couple of weeks  I stayed on 20 mg for about a year and now I am back to 10 and doing very well  get occasional fast heart and sore neck but heating pad and hot shower will usually help me.  Make sure u do talk to your doctor about all your symptoms.  He/she will make you not worry or recommend what you can do.  There is a life after panic attacks.  Use breathing techniques and they do work.  Good luck!
  • Posted

I had headaches and weird dreams for like 3 months but they went away.

I think 8 weeks is kind of early if you feel alright on 20 I would stay there for a while. Don't let your doctor push you into increasing if you don't want to you have a say in your treatment.

• Posted

Really thank you for letting me know this!! Woke up yet again with a headache and pressure on the temples!!! Fingers crossed it goes soon. I seem to be tense in these weird dreams and think that is what is causing it. Do u remember when things improved for u ??? Any info is greatly appreciated. Was ready to give up on it all today
    • Posted

I cant exactly remember. I know the dreams can be crazy but they will let up. As far as the headaches I can't really remember I know I went to a few doctors to thinking there was something wrong and nobody found anything. I think the longer I stayed on citalopram the more my background anxiety got and I became less tense and the headaches stopped.

• Posted

The dreams are unbelievable!  I never had dreams and now they are so vivid.  When I first started taking the meds I had regular shooting type headaches.  
    • Posted

Really when did they stop. I have been taking this med at 20mg for 8 weeks and thought these side effects would be gone by know? Thanks for your comment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.