HEADACHES ON ESCITOLAPRAM (Irregular use)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I have been dealing with anxiety/depression for about 10 years now and I had big releif from first trying Fluoxetine about 8-9 years ago for a few years and really worked wonders big time for me. Then about 2 years ago I after trying to quit fluoxetine I had a big break down once again and I started on Escitalopram and it did work great again. NOW I have done a bad mistake of not taking them regularly for a year or so skipping doses almost every day and taking the other day or third day usually and i lived like that for quite a period , recently I had quite some stress at work which was almost unbearable and suddenly a big headache came on which is every day and its been about 5 weeks every single day I am up ( not when i am asleep) and I have no idea what to do or why is this happening? I have started taking now every day not skipping one single one along with 0.25 mg xanax morning and evening directed by my psichiatrist but the headaches persist! I just want to feel well how I used and not have this horrible headache which is ruling my life for the moment. I do not have a lot of other bad symptoms in general except being a bit lower than used to but maybe because of headache being on all the time! Does anyone have any idea what to do? Or why could this all be?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shfer, why your doctor decided to start you again a bit of zanax along with the escitalopram? To help you with headache or it is deal with new side effects or anxiety? Good success to your new start..

• Posted

i think for both because it is like starting from the beginning but when i started in the beginning I did not have any side effects but I had a lot of anxiety and was quite depressed so everything just started feeling better but now since i have used them irregularly i guess my body needs time to re adjust to being on a regular dosage as supposed to at least thats what i am hoping ...

• Posted

Good day! I am using very often lately, a bit of benzo, 0,25 zanax , not every day, as needed and hope not to be so ethistic to me..My mother used to take every night something similar since 30 years and she is well.

Referring to escitalopram I have a good comments to say regarding depression ( but I had not depression, just anxiety) so it gives me a good energy to to do things, but it does not help me with anxiety...at least the 8 months I used 15mg per day, so I replaced it by Remeron, 15mg every night which helps me to sleep and the other morning feel somehow serene (not as much as I wanted).....

But anxiety have to do with negative thoughts so every time I have these, I try to consentrate to my breath or listen lectures, music ,you know,, to be destracted I have most of the time my mp3 on me, especially when driving or be in bus.,,lol..

So we have to find more ways, with antidipressants I mean... you know...

I am sure that escitalopram would work perfect on you....you had a nice experience in the past so within next period you would be great!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.