Headaches/sharp pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all, Ive had mild headaches and short sharp pains on n off for over a year!! Doctor is not concerned. Blood test normal. It will go away for months at a time. I will see a chiropractor today. Curious if anyone else has similar pains. The pains in my head are mild as well. Thanks!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tamiel -

I am not experiencing exactly the same - my headaches are more mild, and it's just a dull pressure but it's been going on a month now. Do you experience the headaches all over your head or just in a certain area? I know that your neck being out of alignment can cause referred pain on your head, so I hope your chiro appointment goes well! Is this the first time you've been to one? It's great that your bloodwork was normal, that can rule out any vitamin deficiency. Are you prone to headaches normally?

Please keep us posted! Hope you feel better soon.

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Liz, my headaches are all over but feel like tension. usually only a 3 or 4 . sharp pains all over as well. normally i rarely get headaches and when i do, i dont take meds and it goes away. it started 12/2018 and came back in august. i have health anxiety so of course i been to er 3 or 4 times!! 2 blood tests last 1 in july. they didnt mention vitamin and i cant find vitamin on blood test(patient portal).

• Posted

Hi -

Thanks for replying! I completely understand health anxiety - I have talked myself out of going to the ER at least 25 times today! I'm surprised they didn't check your vitamin B-12 - my understanding (and I am not a medical professional at all!) is that a deficient can cause some neuro issues such as headaches, etc. Are you in the US? Did they do an MRI/CT when you went to the ER? My doctor told me that she wasn't concerned with my headaches because they were all over vs. a localized spot (along with the fact I wasn't having other symptoms). But now mine are felt in one spot (and they were on/off before, and have been in the past).

• Posted

they didnt feel the need for mri. er doctor said she would bet her whole check it was just tension! not sure if they checked for b 12 cuz im not sure what its called on test but i drink vitamin water every day. if its serious (from my understanding) there would be other symptoms so im sure your fine

• Posted

thank you for replying, Tamie. my doc felt the same way when i saw her last week and asked for an MRI. I also had to specify I wanted my Vitamin B checked as i dont eat animal products so it can be common to be low in this. Here's to hoping we both find some relief soon!

• Posted

how are you? my 2nd chiropractor visit is tomorrow. still have head pains but my neck is real sore too

• Posted

Hi Tamie- Thank you for checking in! I'm sorry to hear you still have head pains but glad you're going to the chiro again, I really hope that helps! My head isn't doing much better either - I feel really shaky and like my eyes can't focus too well. I am also noticing the tinnitus more than I was before . I just wish I would feel better! Please keep me posted on how you're doing and I'll do the same!

• Posted

how did you get your Doctor to requests mri?

• Posted

She actually suggested it (which is a double edge sword!) but because she thought it would put my mind at ease, and I had never had one done before. However, this time around she was pretty certain that I didn't need one - I do have a follow up appointment with her on Tuesday and since my head is still bugging me, I may ask her if I can have another one. I'm scared to get another one, but I've been worrying about this head pain for so long it is driving me crazy.

Are you in the US?

• Posted

i cracked under this stress and came to er Catscan negative!!!! Thank you Jesus!!! now i can relax

• Posted

Hi Tamiel-

oh good!!! I'm so happy to hear that! 😃 Glad you got it checked out and you can put any fears to rest and enjoy your weekend!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.