Headaches, Vertigo, Nausea, ect. Please Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Name is Matt, I am a 22 year old male. For the last 3.5 years now I've had a bunch of symptoms that are impacting my daily life. I was born three months early, and as a result I have a medical condition called (Spastic) Cerebral Palsy, due to a brain bleed before birth. Due to the Cerebral Palsy the left side of my body was affected, and my left leg is slightly shorter than the right causing me to limp when I walk.

My nightmare began one night in October of 2015 when I started getting severe headaches and brain fog. At that time those were my only two symptoms. I went to see a Neurologist that prescribed me with "Baclofen" a muscle relaxer that seemed to have no effects on the Headaches or the Brain Fog so I stopped taking it. During this time I had lots of pain in my Trapezius muscles in my neck on both sides and began therapy to stretch those muscles. That lessened the frequency of the headaches but they still occurred. I was able to live with that for awhile. Sometime in 2016 I started to get this Lightheaded feeling off and on sometimes with a bit of a cold sweat and nauseousness, symptoms seemed to worsen with physical activity. Sometimes I would get nauseous and lightheaded without the headache. Another year goes by and 2017 comes. Now the nauseousness comes and goes daily sometimes with or without being lightheaded and I'm diagnosed with "Gerd". I started taking Nexium and have switched to Omeprazole up to this point. If I don't take the medicine I get bad heartburn along with the nauseousness. The acid reflex medicine seems to lessen the nauseousness, but not fully get rid of it.

I've gone for a CAT scan, blood tests, EKG's, an EEG of the brain, an MRI scan of the head and neck, a lymes disease test. Everything looked "Perfect" except on my MRI scan of the neck where I have a fissure in two of the disks in my neck.

Fast forward to February of 2019 with my latest symptom of Vertigo, sometimes with or without what I think is a "tension headache" I have pain on the top of my head in the front and on my forehead with Vertigo, sometimes with or without nauseousness. Sometimes I will be walking and it feels like the floor is falling or bouncing. Sometimes when I lean over the sink to wash my hands it feels like I am doing a front flip while i'm standing there, its such a weird vertigo sensation. It can also occur while i'm standing up, sometimes I feel like my body if falling forward while standing still. I have been to 3 chiropractors on and off for the last year, and they all seem to agree that I have forward head posture.

Hopefully there is someone out there who has been through something similar before who can offer help. At 22 years old it feels like my life is ending.

Matt

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.